Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 late season hunts >

late season hunts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

late season hunts

Old 12-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default late season hunts

The rifle season ended last saturday in pa. I'm looking forward to the late bow season, which starts dec. 26. I hope to get a deer, as I've never taken one with a bow. Anyone else going on a late season hunt?
Old 12-12-2006, 05:32 PM

Default RE: late season hunts

I'm gonna go this weekend
Old 12-12-2006, 06:03 PM

I'm going as soon as I'm finished with finals. I haven't filled my tag yet, I've been too busy with classes and football so I'm hoping to get some meat for the freezer!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

I've been going for a couple of weeks now. I've taken one doe. Two weeks ago today.I seen a real nice buck yesterday morning, but got no shot.We've had some unseasonably warm weather the past week, and there is no snow. It's making for some tough hunting. The deer are not grouping up yet.But the warm weather makes it alot easier to sit longer. Oh well good luck to ya and all the other late season hunters.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Im hoping to go this weekend,the weather has to cool down right now it's around the 50- 60 range hope it get down to the 40's atleast ,That and i hope i see a deer gun season the guys in the neighboring woods shot everything that went that way. and i mean everything i had a small buck walk under my stand headed towards the neighbores woods and 5 min later sounded like a war going on either they got him or scared the liveing you know what out of him.Same thing with the other bucks i let walk soon as the cross in to the neighbors woods not long after that the guns were going off realy kinda made me sick to my stomach the buck i let walk to grow up a couple of years are now hanging in someones tree .
Old 12-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya im hunting late season since i still hafta fill my buck and 2 doe tags. I'll put my stand up tomarrow night and hunt sunday.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:44 PM

A week from next Sunday I get to go back to the woods.
I can't wait!
Old 12-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Spike

I love late season few hunters and very hungry deer.I have had better luck in Jan and Feb than any other time of the year.Find a food source (I like honeysuckle) and you see a lot of deer.I have also found that deer move for much longer periods of time in late Jan and feb .
Old 12-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm heading out in the morning since my season end's this week ,but luckily I can still hunt till the 28th of dec in the next county ,which is only about a 10 minute drive from me .

nubo