Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No throat patch???? >

No throat patch????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No throat patch????

Old 12-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: No throat patch????

The turnaround for my taxi (Nature's Way Taxidermy Inc. Steger, IL.<----Shameless plug) has never been more than 4-5 months. I have been using him for well over 10 years and he has never been later than March getting a mount back to me. He does good work to.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Site Bouncer

Here is another with a double throat patch and a red head!

Old 12-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Site Bouncer

Better view of the double throat patch and red head

Old 12-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Dominant Buck

I take you will be trying to stick an arrow in the bull next season?

Now that you have seen a mature buck, does it make you want to hunt them more?
The answer to the first question is....YES. He and the 1-1/2 yr old 8 pointer Rob/PA and I saw are at the top of the "most wanted" list of KNOWN suspects. We'll see who appears on the trail cams, this Summer, though.

The answer to the second question is hard to answer, Germ. You see....."I" feel like I'd have to give up something in order to pursue this deer (and others like him.....if they exist in my woods). I LOVE to hunt. I love to be out there. "I" feel like I'd have to limit how much I went into the area (the area I know he frequents) in order to put a tag on him. I think my best chance is either in the early season (he gave me that chance this year.....and I failed)....or during the rut. I'm also gonna take some does out of there, next year......and if that commotion bugs him out.....thenit's something I just have to live with.

Bottom line, Gary......I can't imagine ANYONE not wanting to be around an animal like this one (he's not unique to many....but to me he is). I'd pay a lot of money to be able to spend time just watching him throughout a day. He's really fascinating. I can see why people grow weary of hunting "deer". I can understand the allure of hunting ONLY mature whitetails. I don't think I'm there......and I may never be. That doesn't mean I don't understand it. If you're lucky enough to see one of these guys up close and personal (o yds, twice this season).....you know what I mean.

I was simply in awe.....

Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Winston Salem Deer arn't allowed to grow throat patches. Just FYI.[8D]
Old 12-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Farm:

Have you ever been to Keith Bowman's (taxidermist)place in your county????

He and his son took every animal in the studio......and there's some REALLY impressive animals in there. ALL taken in and around your county.

Wow.

Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I take you will be trying to stick an arrow in the bull next season?

Now that you have seen a mature buck, does it make you want to hunt them more?
The answer to the first question is....YES. He and the 1-1/2 yr old 8 pointer Rob/PA and I saw are at the top of the "most wanted" list of KNOWN suspects. We'll see who appears on the trail cams, this Summer, though.

The answer to the second question is hard to answer, Germ. You see....."I" feel like I'd have to give up something in order to pursue this deer (and others like him.....if they exist in my woods). I LOVE to hunt. I love to be out there. "I" feel like I'd have to limit how much I went into the area (the area I know he frequents) in order to put a tag on him. I think my best chance is either in the early season (he gave me that chance this year.....and I failed)....or during the rut. I'm also gonna take some does out of there, next year......and if that commotion bugs him out.....thenit's something I just have to live with.

Bottom line, Gary......I can't imagine ANYONE not wanting to be around an animal like this one (he's not unique to many....but to me he is). I'd pay a lot of money to be able to spend time just watching him throughout a day. He's really fascinating. I can see why people grow weary of hunting "deer". I can understand the allure of hunting ONLY mature whitetails. I don't think I'm there......and I may never be. That doesn't mean I don't understand it. If you're lucky enough to see one of these guys up close and personal (o yds, twice this season).....you know what I mean.

I was simply in awe.....

Jeff
Cool, I know you get it, won't be long now, LOL
Old 12-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Keith is the only one I have ever had do my mounts. I have 2 bucks and a 15" black crappie my son caught.
Keith does AMAZING work.

There are some nice one's in his studio. Hard to believe they came from NC, much less stokes co.

When I took him the crappie, he tried to talk me into getting a repro. mount and turning it loose in his pond so he could catch it.
I guess I shouldn't take live fish to the taxi.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm SO glad to hear you say that. He came VERY well recommended. I thought I was in good hands.....but it never hurts to hear it from someone who's already a satisfied customer.

That lttle studio is VERY professional....and VERY beautiful.

Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Wow, six months? That is great turn around. Is he not that busy or has many working for him? I won't see mine until Nov 07 at minimal.
I will get mine end Jan 07, I guess the big deer go first ehh Jeff[8D]
Now that's just being mean. My taxi, (I even get the "family" discount) puts them out the door in the order they are received. He's busy, busy and is full time as well. Of course over and above all his whitetails he's most proud of his turkeys and is overwhelmed with them as well as PA Bear, out of state stuff and much, much more.

Quick Reply: No throat patch????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.