Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No throat patch???? >

No throat patch????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No throat patch????

Old 12-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: No throat patch????

I'm in NC.

I took my buck to the taxidermist, yesterday. He was really surprised to hearthat it didn't have a throat patch. Everything in his showroom had one.....and he said it was definitely unusual. After looking on a few more taxidermy sites....I have to agree.

Anyways....just checking. I should get him back in 6 months.

Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, six months? That is great turn around. Is he not that busy or has many working for him? I won't see mine until Nov 07 at minimal.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's great turn around. I dropped mine off November 16th last year. He keeps telling me 3 or 4 more weeks.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

This guy comes highly recommended....and is very proud of his work. Lisa and I went to his studio, yesterday....and we were both impressed with the animals he had on displa, there (No exotics....but a GREAT representation of what we encounter around here).

He wasn't the cheapest.....and that might be why he isn't as busy as some. I'm not sure. He is a full-time taxidermist. I found that out (which I think, at elast around here, is unusual).

Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Wow, six months? That is great turn around. Is he not that busy or has many working for him? I won't see mine until Nov 07 at minimal.
I will get mine end Jan 07, I guess the big deer go first ehh Jeff[8D]
Old 12-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Hell, I'd get yours done first, too!

Dinks like mine know their place[&:]

Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Hell, I'd get yours done first, too!

Dinks like mine know their place[&:]

Jeff
truth be told my taxidermist is taking him to a show. Which is why I moved up!!

The "bull" will be there next year, is that what we are calling him?
Old 12-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer are all different in one way or another, just like we are. Being a Taxidermist, I have seen all kinds of hair color variations and patterns. The buck I shot this year had the white hair under his chin, butvery little white hairon his throat.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

"The Bull" is a perfect 8-pointer that's main beams are REALLY heavy (for this area). The impressive thing about him is his size, though. For a novice like me......the only way I can describe it is he looked absolutely pre-historic when I first saw him. You have to put yourself into my place.....having NEVER seen a mature whitetail deer.....EVER. I'd seen a couple of little spikes, 4's and 6's......and a smallish 8. NEVER had I seen a whitetail deer with a big 'ol body like this guy has. When he bounded under my tree.......on BOTH occasions....I was taken aback.

That's the honest truth. He's a big 'ol Bull.

Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

"The Bull" is a perfect 8-pointer that's main beams are REALLY heavy (for this area). The impressive thing about him is his size, though. For a novice like me......the only way I can describe it is he looked absolutely pre-historic when I first saw him. You have to put yourself into my place.....having NEVER seen a mature whitetail deer.....EVER. I'd seen a couple of little spikes, 4's and 6's......and a smallish 8. NEVER had I seen a whitetail deer with a big 'ol body like this guy has. When he bounded under my tree.......on BOTH occasions....I was taken aback.

That's the honest truth. He's a big 'ol Bull.

Jeff
Well I would say you understand, good for you. Now go find where the Bull has been hanging out!!!

I take you will be trying to stick an arrow in the bull next season?

Now that you have seen a mature buck, does it make you want to hunt them more?

Quick Reply: No throat patch????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.