Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 do any bows shoot the same from 0 to 40? >

do any bows shoot the same from 0 to 40?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do any bows shoot the same from 0 to 40?

Old 12-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default do any bows shoot the same from 0 to 40?

i know some bows shoot the same from 0-30 yardsbut what about 0-40?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:56 PM

Default RE: do any bows shoot the same from 0 to 40?

the bows don't shoot the same, simply because the trajectory greatly with the way the sights and peep and arrow rest is arranged, plus speed etc
Old 12-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

bows aren't lasers, they may shoot "flat enough" for some people over those distances, but to say they shoot the same from 0-30 is wrong.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

bows aren't lasers, they may shoot "flat enough" for some people over those distances, but to say they shoot the same from 0-30 is wrong.
Exactly, bows do not shoot the same (I'm assuming you mean same pin) from 0-30.

People using one pin 0-30 do so knowing the bow shoots high at 10 and low at 30 when sighting in one pin.

0-40 would even need more compensation.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:40 PM

And I am one of them fellers that shoots one pin to 30 yards...But Rob is spot on in his statement....I KNOW I am 1" high at 20 yards and 1 1/2" low at 30...But to be honest, for deer, I just don't care. I'm gonna be in the vitals anyway....

Laws of physics say that the arrow CANNOT be exactly the same from 0-40 yards....
Old 12-11-2006, 05:54 PM

Laws of physics say that the arrow CANNOT be exactly the same from 0-40 yards....
Dang gravity...

Yea your bow isnt gonna shoot the same, everyone above me already told you why... If you can invent an arrow with an anti gravity field around it in flight then you might have something.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Dang gravity...

Yea your bow isnt gonna shoot the same, everyone above me already told you why... If you can invent an arrow with an anti gravity field around it in flight then you might have something.
ORRRRR.......we could go up w/ the next space shuttle, and shoot them in a zero gravity environment......You know, I wonder...would it be possible to shoot an arrow around the world in that environment..? Hmmmmmm
Old 12-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are many ways a shooter can flatten the trajectory of the arrow in the first 40 yrds, Lighther, shorter arrows and tips, higher draw weights, and atmospheric conditions.

I tuned and sighted my bow in the heat and humidity of an East coast summer, and then took my bow to the wyoming desert. It was amazing how much flatter my bow shot simply due to the lower amount of air restriction. I usually have a 20 yrd pin, a 35 yrd, and a 45 yrd. And use my judgement to fill the gaps. When i shot my bow in Wyoming my 20 yrd pin was dead on out to 40 yrds. Thats how i was able to put a arrow through the heart of an P&Y antelope at 45 yrds w/ ease
Old 12-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

No bow shoots flat.PERIOD,not even at 20 but sight paralax makes some believe they do.

When you get past that ,there is noticable drop.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Dang gravity...

ORRRRR.......we could go up w/ the next space shuttle, and shoot them in a zero gravity environment......You know, I wonder...would it be possible to shoot an arrow around the world in that environment..? Hmmmmmm
Only with a Bowtech.

Quick Reply: do any bows shoot the same from 0 to 40?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.