Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ok would you rather? >

Ok would you rather?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok would you rather?

Old 12-09-2006, 06:33 AM

Default RE: Ok would you rather?

I would wait for sure. Unless, I am sure I can make the kill, I would wait, I would just chalk it up to it not being the right time.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont take the shot! An idiot will get lucky every now and then,But gut shoot that buck and spend hours looking for his rotten body 3 days later.Thats one of the diferances between luck and skill.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

No shot.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

I passed up a perfect broadside shot on a black bear at a distance of 35-40 yards. I just didn't have enough broadheads downrange at that distance to feel confident in a perfect shot. Sometimes I kick myself for not taking it, but if I had killed it what would I ever do with it?

I did learn something fromt encounter though and that is to practice just a bit more past 30 yards. The problem is that I hate destroying broadheads and arrows. A miss can cost upwards of $10 a pop.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

If I had any doubt in my mind thatI couldn't make a clean, ethical shot, there is no way that arrow would leave my string.
Very well said.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't take a questionable shot period.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

A 50 yard shot would either be on or not. Most likely under shoot the deer. The deer would not be spooked at that range and the shooter if they keep their wits about them would get a second shot. Each shot opportunity is different and I couldn't say one way or another until it happens. I would take the info and use it later. I don't often have 50 yrds to shoot something at. Too much stuff in the way. A lot of guys out west take these and longer shots.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

If it is questionable at 50yds it is not a shot as far as I'm concerned. As far as the buck of a lifetime goes let me ask you this. Do your skills get better because it is the buck of a lifetime or do your ethics get worse?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:54 AM

If I am not 100% confident in my mind. Then No Shot, as our sport is more about mental that physical, and if you are not sure mentally, you are more than likely not going to be as accurate.

Why does it always have to be a buck?
Old 12-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let him go to far a shot wait till tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.