Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite "spot"to hunt >

Favorite "spot"to hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite "spot"to hunt

Old 12-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Favorite "spot"to hunt

My favorite spot is where two draws meet together on a rounded hilltop right on the edge of a field. I see deer almost every time I go there, but it always seems they are smarter than me. If I set up a little further into the woods they come in behind me. I set up closer to the edge of the woods they come in way in front of me out of range.I have seen a basket 8 and been played like a musical instrument by a nice 10 point that came in behind me. It is only a matter of time. The funny thing about this spot is that most of the deer I have seen here have been between 10am and 2pm.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a spot i used to hunt during thr prerut and rut itself. I never in my life have had so many bucks usean area like they did this one. I felt like the hub on a wagon wheel and the bucks were traveling on the spokes toward the hub. unfortunantly it got mined out about five years ago and is long gone. I now hunt 800 acres beside my house. It is good hunting but the woods are huge and there is only three crop fields that meet up with this area. The acorns and browse are very abundent so it makes it hard to pin em down sometimes. I havea coupleplaces on this land that has been pretty decent but the high water table kinda changed that this season. Im always moving and make use of alot of this area depending on wind ,deer sightings, hunting where the does are during the rut or whatever. but im having fun doing so.
Dan
Old 12-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

in any funnel of oaks inbetween two swamps