Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Favorite hunting spot?

Old 12-13-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Favorite hunting spot?

What is your favorite hunting spot in the woods?
Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Favorite hunting spot?

Yes my favorite spot is in the woods!

I know a place where you can sit on this knoll. It drops right off in front of you and you can see this valley that stretches across about 100 yards or so. On the other side is another knoll and it creates a perfect bottleneck.

The deer come up through from the fields and oak flats like clock work. Many times I have watched them running around in there for hours chasing and breeding. I have never seen a deer there in the afternoon, it is a perfect morning spot. THis year on opening day I saw 4 different bucks and 6 or 8 does in a 2 hour time frame. 2 rag horn bucks, a nice 6 pointer that actually bedded down in front of me at the bottom of the knoll and a 2 or 3 year old 8 pointer that never knew I was there. Hopefully he wil saunter through next year when he has some more age and a bigger rack on him. 2 years ago I shot a nice 8 pointer that walked right by me at 20 yards. He never knew what hit him.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:17 AM

My favorite spot in the woods is right around these trees and there are some leaves and stuff on the ground that fell off of the trees. Ya, I bet it's the only spot like it in the whole world.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

I prefer open areas where I can get a good view of the surroundings. Maybe cause I grew up hunting in S. Tx.. Where you usually hunt sendero's, fence lines or gas lines.. Althought I think the woods are a beautiful place to sit.. I like the great open spaces also..
Old 12-13-2007, 04:53 PM

Right where my tree stand is located
Old 12-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

in the swamps or around transition lines
Old 12-14-2007, 12:52 PM

My favorite type of spot is where 3 types of habitat are visible from one location. This always involves edge habitat, and it usually involves some type of corner.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Natural funnels! whether its terrain, foliage, or whatever...
Old 12-15-2007, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like fence lines between a timber & hay field.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Funnels, Funnels, and more funnels.....no better place to kill a deer and/or a big buck. My favorite funnels are narrow strips of cover between two large bodies of water. Deer will swim if they have to, but most of the time they prefer moving around lakes, ponds, etc.

Quick Reply: Favorite hunting spot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.