HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   You just became head of the DNR (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/168888-you-just-became-head-dnr.html)

Germ 12-06-2006 09:22 PM

You just became head of the DNR

You are now the head of the DNR what are the steps you take for your hunters and for your herd.

For my state MI I would

1.Hire more game wardens
2.Add QDM to hunters safty/Ed
3.Start a youth program for bowhunting
4.Export the wolves
5.Control the Coyote population

Washington Hunter 12-06-2006 09:25 PM

RE: You just became head DNR

1. Allow more deer tags in certain counties/GMUs
2. Mandatory archery safety course for anyone born after 1975 (same as Hunter's Ed.)
3. Add QDM to Hunter's Ed.

bassfisherman711 12-06-2006 09:27 PM

1)More law enforcment
2)State wide QDM classes for ALL hunters
3)Make running dogs illegel

WV Hunter 12-06-2006 09:37 PM

1. Hire ALOT more game wardens (poaching is awful here)
2. Make it a 1 buck limit, or an put in an earn a buck rule in certain counties with a max of 2 bucks per season total.
3. Mandatory hunter education that included QDM class for everyone regardless of age or prior years of hunting experience.
4. Require an archery proficiency test to get a license.
5. Ban crossbows. I don't like em. Since they opened that up...I know more guys that have gimped deer...it's pathetic. They couldn't hunt with a regular bow before, now they think it's ok to shoot 40-50yds with a cross bow. :(

gzg38b 12-06-2006 10:16 PM

For Michigan:

1. More CO's. Too many poachers out there!

2. One buck limit per hunter per calendar year. This will make guys be a little more selective with that one buck tag and stop shooting the "monster spikes". Everybody gets twoantlerlesspermits per calender year.

3. Rifle Season is moved to Dec 1 - Dec 15. Having rifle season during the peak of the rut is insane. (It'll never happen)

4. In-line muzzle loaders allowed during rifle season only. The special muzzle loader season is reserved for the Flintlok guys.

5. Get rid of that special youth gun hunt in September. Hunting with a rifle in September is poaching. I don't care how old you are. If a kid want's to shoot a nice buck with a rifle, he should wait until rifle season like I had to when I was 14.

6. Expand opportunities for bowhunting in Southern Michigan by offering tax breaks for landowners who allow bowhunters on their farms. Create a website to match landowners to bowhunters to support this initiative.

BowHunterFett 12-06-2006 10:24 PM

Your grouchy:D

More GW's
You have to shhot a doe to get an any sex tag
Allow Archery season to be open while shotgun season is
Allow spotlight hunting for coyotes
Archery test for EVERYONE, no exceptions
QDM annual class required to get a license
Hand out "Retarded Hunter" tags to good, law abiding hunters to shoot idiots;)

isatarak 12-06-2006 10:50 PM

Oklahoma

1. Go back to the 9 day rifle season. They added a week a few years ago to make it 16 and it really messes with the late bow season.

2. If you shoot a button buck and you haven't used your buck tag, you have to tag it as a buck.

TNBowHuntr 12-06-2006 11:02 PM

Tennessee

1) Go to call-in checking system.. going to a check station can be a real pain in the ass.

2) Change buck limit from 3 to 2, with minimum spread of 15", and you can't shoota 2nd buck until you shoot a doe.

3) Allow shooting of any dog thats running deer.

4) Shorten modern gun season to only a few weeks.

5) And factor in a blood trailing, and archery tutorial along with a statewide QDM program into the hunter education program.. make it be retaken every 3 years.

Sylvan 12-07-2006 03:21 AM

RE: You just became head of the DNR

New York:
- Lower big game hunting age from 16 to 12 (with supervision)
- Expand rifle hunting in southern zone.
- Expand tag transfer program to include buck tags.
- Allow atv use during hunting season to retrieve a deer on state land.
- Institute an x-bow season.

CamoCop 12-07-2006 03:49 AM

RE: You just became head of the DNR

Florida:

1.) hire more Game Wardens
2.) open bear hunting state wide as a special draw with limited permits
3.) increase the number of Gator permits andaddmore waterways inwhich they can be harvested
4.) promote and practice quality deer management
5.) purchase more land for W.M.A.'s
6.) restrict all non licensed vehicle's from all W.M.A.'s during hunting season (this is to keep all pleasure riders out of the woods during hunts)
7.) actually put some of our tax dollars to work in W.M.A.'s (e.x. make food plots, improve roads, etc.)
8.) lengthen rifle season 2 more weeks
9.) permanently revoke anyone's hunting license ifcaught shooting a ligitimate hunting dog (not to be confused with yotes and strays) even if dog is running deer.