Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 600 to spend need some help >

600 to spend need some help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

600 to spend need some help

Old 12-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 600 to spend need some help

There's a lot of good bows out there right now; we as bowhunters are very privileged to live in the times we do. I think the Allegiance is the best bow Bowtech has put out there so far... until the Guardian starts hitting the stores.

And that brings me to my point: There's a LOT of people who are going to be selling off their '06s in order to have the extra cash for the new '07s... You might be able to pick up something REAL nice pretty reasonable.

Having said THAT... I would strongly recommend you get fitted at a local shop somewhere (they're all local to someplace... ) ... and -- if possible -- buy from a KNOWLEDGEABLE dealer (sometimes hard to find ) who can help you grow with the sport and offer advice along the way.

Now, here's my personal recommendation judging solely from your question: I would suggest the Bowtech Tomkat... a near nine-inch brace height and screaming arrow speeds at up to 315 fps!! Perfect for a new person, and a bow that will be really, really hard to outgrow.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Typical Buck

Heck with bows head to the Mustang ranch. LOL ask for (Air force Amy). Just kiddin. LOL
Old 12-05-2006, 04:03 PM

whats your thought on powertec by hoyt.The reflex and the tomkat by bow tech. iv narrowed it down to them. any suggestions would help
Old 12-05-2006, 04:29 PM

I have shot both Reflex and bowtech, and if you are choosing b/w them Bowtech blows reflex out of the water. I had a really hard time staying consistent with my reflex because it doesnt have a great wall on it and it wanted to creep forward before i was ready to shoot. Bowtechs tend to have an easier draw cycle as well. All I'm saying is if you have norrowed it down to those two go with the bowtech. I would also recomend that you shoot more than those two bows before deciding. When i got my new bow i shot 10 bows before i decided. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:52 PM

I started out with the same problem. I did some research and shopping around last week walked into Gander Mountain and found the Bear TRX400
kit for $299 clearance price. I did some swapping of the equipment like rest, sight. I had to add peepsight, limb savers, silencers. It came with three carbon shafts witch I sat to the side and purchased different shafts.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:02 PM

get a mathews... you can get a used one for about 400 dollars.. you wont be sorry.. these eat bowtechs for breakfast