Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow scams on ebay - must read! >

Bow scams on ebay - must read!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow scams on ebay - must read!

Old 12-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow scams on ebay - must read!

I posted this in the classifieds, but I know alot of people don't look at that forum often.

Please be aware that there have been many bow scams on ebay recently. I personally busted somebody trying to rip people off by selling Trykons, Tributes, Allegiances, and Browning Illusion packages at a ridiculously low price. These were scams.

There is another scam going on where people hijack your ebay account. Please read this archerytalk thread if you do business on ebay...

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=413686
Old 12-04-2006, 02:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bow scams on ebay - must read!

My cousin dave was on ebay looking at a brand new tribute package deal,with case and all top of the line accesories for $499,here this guy`s in tibet or something,if it`s too good to be true it`s probobly too good to be true.If you buy a bow off the bay do your homework and protect yourself.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stopped buy there a long time ago, before some guy on here boasted how he was selling his bow that had serious problems there.

During the gold rush many people became wealthy.......................Ripping of the minors. Same with ebay.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you guys are going to do this, and are uncomfortable ask the person for a phone number to call and speak with them. Also use Paypal, they will help protect you. There are people looking out to rip you off on there, but there are also people with some great stuff for sale as well.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:19 PM

I have to agree, there are always some folks out there who try to take advantage of anyone and everyone, But there are also a lot of good deals and honest people on E-bay. My Golden rule is " IT must be a US address and if I am looking at a big dollar purchase, I send them an E-mail and ask a question, When they respond. I get to see their E-mail address and at least get some verification of if it is foreign or not. Not fool proof, but a start. I also saw someone posted that you don't get a warranty if you buy off ebay and that is not always the case. I know several pro shops that sell left over's or bows that are not selling. Yes even my local pro was selling off their Trykon's ( OUch that was hard to say ) on ebay. But if the person who purchased it had an issue, they could either bring or mail it back to they and they would honor the warranty. It is a question you should ask though, it you are going to buy a bow off Ebay.Good Luck
Old 12-04-2006, 05:27 PM

Agreed I've bought some things on Ebay and as Rick James said some good, some bad!
ORIGINAL: Rick James

If you guys are going to do this, and are uncomfortable ask the person for a phone number to call and speak with them. Also use Paypal, they will help protect you. There are people looking out to rip you off on there, but there are also people with some great stuff for sale as well.