Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HOW BIG WAS YOUR FIRST DEER >

HOW BIG WAS YOUR FIRST DEER

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HOW BIG WAS YOUR FIRST DEER

Old 12-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default HOW BIG WAS YOUR FIRST DEER

My first deer with a bow just happened to be a little six,but at that time if it was brown it was down.I thaught my PSE nova was pretty cool then.My nephew has it now.How big was your first deer with a bow? (pics if you got em)

Old 12-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HOW BIG WAS YOUR FIRST DEER

I was 12, never took photos back then... spike whitetail buck.. dang was I happy!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:01 PM

Taken Nov. 17th this year. 134lb 8 point

Old 12-01-2006, 02:02 PM

First gun buck buck was a spike. So was the second. First bow deer was a 7 point.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Site Buck Guru

6 point, 1968, I was 12.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

back in the day eh greg?
Old 12-01-2006, 02:07 PM

I love that photo Greg. I wish we were smart enough to take pictures back when I was a kid. I'd cherish them if I had some.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first deer was a big fat doe. Shot her with a 30-30 from about 25 yards. When we gut her ,there was milk in her breasts.
Didn't make me feel good, but I was probaby 8 or 9 years old.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Little button buck, made me proud as heck. I was 19yrs old. Pretty much taught myself to hunt. My dad worked too much to ever take me. I went hunting alone, it came in I shot & downed it. I never even knew how to gut the thing, so got out the local reg's, and read step by step how to do it. Dragged it out past a bunch of public land hunters with a big ol smile. Over 20yrs later I still remember that day like yesterday!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:27 PM

ORIGINAL: BuckAlley

Little button buck, made me proud as heck. I was 19yrs old. Pretty much taught myself to hunt. My dad worked too much to ever take me. I went hunting alone, it came in I shot & downed it. I never even knew how to gut the thing, so got out the local reg's, and read step by step how to do it. Dragged it out past a bunch of public land hunters with a big ol smile. Over 20yrs later I still remember that day like yesterday!
That's cool.

My dad never hunted so in a lot of ways, I was on my own too. My first buck came at 16 years of age. I had hunted four years without taking one. I finally went with my buddy's grandpap and his crew. The old guy takes me out and sits me against a big tree and says, "sit here until I come back and get you. The deer will come from over that way".

Daybreak comes and an hour or so later, here come the deer just like Bill's grandpapsaid. There were 7 total, four spikes and three baldys. I picked out the biggest spike and dropped him on the spot at 70 yards. Another nice gentleman just over the hill heard me shoot and came to look. He congratulated me and showed me how to gut the deer. Here I am 27 years later and that memory is still fresh in my mind.

Quick Reply: HOW BIG WAS YOUR FIRST DEER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.