Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote. >

Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I would have no problem driving there
95.96%
No, I'm not leaving town
4.04%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:13 PM

Default RE: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

I agree with the boys, if your good the people will come out of town. 5-10 minutes is peanuts i drive 4 hours to my shop.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Location does not mean as much to me as helpful staff means. A Great staff will more than make up for a long drive.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:18 PM

I almost forgot.
Thank you to the person that voted "No, I'm not leaving town"
That will help me show my poll wasn't rigged!
I would like, however, if you would please state your reasons for voting that way.
Will you do that for me?
Thanks
Old 12-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wouldnt care if i had to put t in 4 wheel drive to get threer just for customer service and a good selection of bows
Old 12-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as you properly advertise, and have some promotional days and tounaments you should be fine. I think people would appreciate a place like that, and also would appreciate haveing a knowledgable archer for a dealer! I would definatley drive the extra distance to get good help and support a smaller company!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

I have no problem travling to a shop for what i need or want. 5-10 min not that big of a deal. I main thing is that you have to do good work and treat people right! Some of the shops out here treat people like ****, and thats after they just droped $1000 on a new bow and set up. Some go back but the others dont and also tell there friends not to go there. Also dont treat people like there stupid because they are not shooting what you shoot or like, I see this alot. Remember if you take care of the people they'll take of you. Good luck, live the dream.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:43 PM

All brands of bows and the people that shoot them will always be welcome at my shop and range.
Even the Hoyt and Bowtech guys
I will actually be switching brands soon myself.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I would , in fact I drive about 15 miles to get to my favroite 3 D range.
Adams Archery has a nice outdoor and indoor range , they also have a pro shop .
What I like about their outdoor range is it's in the woods , they have ten stations with three 3 D targets at each station.
Some stations are elevated as if your shooting from a tree stand and some stations are blinds that you have to sit and shoot.
They hold archery leauges and once a year they have a Big Buck 3 D shoot off where contestants can win prize's.
They also hold classes for bowhunters safty and they teach young kids and beginers how to shoot their bow.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:32 PM

I'm also planning on the simulated blind shooting both inside and outside.
I think that with the popularity of ground blinds that is an important feature to have.
My plan is to make it asclose to hunting conditions as possible.
I have some pretty cool ideas on how to do that.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Typical Buck

Buell

Heck man you got it right on, most hunters are out of town anyways,so you got the right place already. One and a 1/2 miles of gravel is not a problem, specialy if the owners is a respectable and law abiding owner. People will flock to you as a owner Buell. All that is neaded is to have a nowledglable and respectable owner and personel that know the buisness. I hope you the best in your endevours Buell, good luck and God Bless.
Rocky

Quick Reply: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.