Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heart Broken

Old 11-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Spike

Default Heart Broken

i finally got to go back home to ontario after spending the fall at school. i got to hunt for the first time all fall. so to say the least i wasnt expecting a miricle since i was only get to hunt2 days. i still knew there was a chance at a good buck. my first morning in the stand i didnt see anything but my dad showed my some of the best sign i had ever seen in our area. some monster rubs to say the least. so i decided to sit the same area but different stand that night but my hunt was messed but when a combine came and took off the beans that were about 100 yrds away. if that wasnt enough 2 of the farmers decide to take a wallk through the woods after the machine had broke down.
on day two i finally seen some movement but nothing within range of the hoyt.11 does and a small yearling.so that night which would be my last until my christmas break from school, i decide to go to a different area where one of my favorite stands were. it proved to be the right stand seeing 4 racked bucks. and 7 does. two of the bucks were defintly shooters 130-145 class bucks great deer for this part of ontario. 1 of the bucks a big 9 point came within 35 yards after a few grunts with the good old true talker, but did not offer a broadside shot. knowing the wind was perfect i waited for him to turn, just as he was a black cat ran out of the brush and scared the deer to about 60 yards, where he crossed my path to the stand and snorted about 1/2 dozen times. i was crushed to say the least.

now i can just hope the 2 bucks last threw the shotgun season in our area so i can get a late season chance at him with the bow.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:07 PM

Default RE: Heart Broken

keep your fingers corssed and maybe you'll get a 9 point X-Mas present this year. On the up side, at least you got out a couple days. Good Luck over the holidays
Old 12-03-2006, 12:37 PM

well that sure sucks for some reason i have been seeing more cats that ever i guess the should have passed the feral cat law in wisconsin. lol
Old 12-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there man, things can turn your way in a heartbeat, Good luck!
Old 12-03-2006, 12:57 PM

Hope you get it for Xmas, good luck!
Old 12-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

That wouldn't break my heart, that would rejuvenate my heart and spirit. There's nothing like a close encounter with a good buck that keeps your heart fluttering for some time and the memories can last a lifetime. To me, that was a great hunt, you got out, you saw your quarry, your quarry won....this time. Good Luck on your break.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only wish I saw that many bucks on my second day out. Ive been in a stand 42 times this season and only have taken 1 buck with a bow although I did havea fewopportunities atsome bigger bucks, one was a solid 130-135 class I passed on the first week of the season in hopes of bigger bucks I had been scouting and I messed up on another 2 140+ class bucks one saw me as I drew, my bow my grunt lanyard got wrapped up in my cam/cable and that was that, the other snuck by me as I didnt see or hear him approach. Get back out there, at least you know you have hopes of getting a shot.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

With every state record being broken this year,he probobly needed to grow another year.That`ll keep you coming back.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Atleast you got out. Good hunting.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:21 PM

Bummer. Hope you get another chance!