Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cheap heat for your Archery shop or home >

Cheap heat for your Archery shop or home

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cheap heat for your Archery shop or home

Old 11-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Banned

Default Cheap heat for your Archery shop or home

Guys, I just installed a 50,000 BTU corn stove in mygreat room and to say that I am impressed is an understatement. This thing cranks out the heat and is WAY cheaper to run than natural gas or propane . It is a multi-fuel and will run on corn, wood pellets, cherry pits, or soybeans. Buell hunter ,this would work great for your archery shop or any of you other business owners or homeowners. The stove puts out carbon dioxide instead of carbon monoxide. It only has to be 4" from a wall. The metal on the wall behind the stove is for decor only and is not required for the stove. The back of the stove remains cold and you can see that a curtain is right beside the stove. These are way easier to vent than a woodburner too. A wood burner was going to make my homeowners insurance go up $200 a year and the corn stove doesn't. This is so easy compared to cutting and splitting wood. These also burn so efficiently that there is very little ash. I mix 3 parts corn to 1 part wood pellets. This is the hopper in the3rd picture that is at the top of the stove at the rear of it. It holds 60# of corn. My wife had this antique wash basin that we put next to the stove. The left side holds corn and the right holds the wood pellets.

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]
Old 11-24-2006, 10:24 AM

Default RE: Cheap heat for your Archery shop or home

Thats pretty neat HC, a waste of good corn but pretty neat.

BTW: Nice looking setup ya got there.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Banned

Thanks ducsauce. Pretty ironic how history repeats itself. My grandparents used to heat their home with corn and corncobs years back. I had to do something; my heating bills have been $600-$800 per month the last couple of years. I have a huge6 bedroomhome. Right now the weather is mild and this stove heats it easy at a lower heat setting. When it is real cold I am sure it won't be able to keep up though. We plan on adding another next year at the opposite end of the home and be free from the gas company.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:42 AM

Hey HCH, What happens if you use persimmon or Apple corn? Can you use your house as one big deer attractor?
Old 11-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Banned

LOL!! Your on to something MichaelT. Put a smaller version in my Double Bull blind and lure them in.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

HCH, I don't see the venting. How does that work?
Old 11-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Banned

MH, right out the back through the wall and up 3' on the outside of the home. It is vented with 3'' stainless double wall. I bought the optional fresh air intake kit to make it run more efficiently. It is the metal flex hose you see on the left.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:42 AM

$600-800 heating bills. WOW!

I think I would use corn too. That is outrageous.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a USStove model 6039. I rep for them. It will burn straight corn just fine as well - just need to fine tune your air/fuel mix.

Same company has a 100,000 btu add on hot air furnace if the stove isn't enough in the colder weather.

Steve
Old 11-24-2006, 11:58 AM

Question how long does 60# of corn/wood last you before you have to fill the hopper up? Or how long does 100# of corn last you now in mild weather?

Quick Reply: Cheap heat for your Archery shop or home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.