Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cheap heat for your Archery shop or home >

Cheap heat for your Archery shop or home

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cheap heat for your Archery shop or home

Old 11-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cheap heat for your Archery shop or home

Where did you get that corn burner at?
Old 11-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Howler

HCH, is your house old, real big, or poorly insulated, or is the price of natural gas that dang high?
I am shocked at your stated "$600-$800"/month heating bill. I'm on propane, and will be having $400 worth put in next week, and that will last me through the winter(will get my tank upto about 55% of full. I use a wood burner in my basement, and will burn about 1.5 cord of hardwood in a winter.
I am just shocked that it is costing anyone 600-800 a month to heat thier house!!
Too bad the price of corn is higher this fall, for you that is. Farmers are liking it though!
How much corn do you get when you get it from the co-op and how do you store it, or do you buy it in bags?
Built in 1935; 4200 sq ft, 13 rooms, 6-7 bedroom.Blown in insulation in the walls. Attic is insulated. Original windows. Natural gas pricehas gone through the roof just like gas for our cars has.I am just puttingthe cornin 55 gallon trash cans untilI get time to go out and buy a grain wagon.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: BowHunterFett

Well thanks. I haven't seen a deer in yearsDo you use a screening device of some sort to clean your corn, or does it come pretty clean from where you get it? We have a little box we pour ours through, it has different size chicken wire in it that gets all the fines out, makes a difference, alot cleaner without the bee wings in there. We have an old deep freeze we store our corn in, works great, keeps it nice and dry.
Comes clean.I think that if it needed cleaned another method would be to pour it from one bucket to a another with a fan btween them blowing any chaff away. I bought the stove at Litzel Lumber in Ames. Orshelins and Thiesens sales the same model.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:27 PM

How do the mice like your new fuel?
Old 11-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Banned

I own a pest control business; they know better.