Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hunted new land and bam >

hunted new land and bam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunted new land and bam

Old 11-22-2006, 06:12 PM

Default hunted new land and bam

allowed to hunt a new 200ac farm gained permission today to bow hunt and 2nd shot gun season well i thought i should walk it today to check it all out. walked in threw a cornfield and up a big bluff and at 2:45 saw two nice bucks walking a ridge.i walked pass 2 stands to check a 3rd stand and from behind the stand walked a great half rack 5 on one side most likely a mainframe 10 before rut. it was huge the darn thing walked rifgt to me say 15 20 yrds. it circled and bedded about 30 yrds away from the stand it acted like it couldnt see or hear me i climbed in the stand and it didnt move i was shock could this deer be injured from sat or sun shot gun season ???????/ it only moved with small steps and really didnt look up at all this is a shooteer deer 3 1/2 years old or better i was looking for a nice rack since ive filled the freezer this year with both sides it would be a 140 + deer should i take him if hes there again half rack or not the beams are big?????????plan on finding the other side i hope
Old 11-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: hunted new land and bam

Looks like there's better there. Maybe some kid will get a crack at him. You seem to be stealthy enough to do better. Congrats on lining up the spot.

In the future I wouldn't say anymore about it. If you are asked, "the bucks are small and the does looked sick"
Old 11-24-2006, 08:22 AM

Default RE: hunted new land and bam

lol yah or no deer just coons