Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lost my new land, never hunted it. >

Lost my new land, never hunted it.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost my new land, never hunted it.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Lost my new land, never hunted it.

Some of you may recall that I gained access to a new farm when I stopped to help an older gent with a flat tire. Well my newfound friend passed away last week. His son remembered me and was nice enough to call and let me know. The property will be put on the market as soon as it clears probate. The son told me that he prefer I not hunt it as it will be on the market and he doesn't want a prospective buyer to be offended by a hunter. Although I am disappointed in losing the opportunity I am much more saddened at losing a new and pretty amusing friend. I understand the son's concerns and I'm grateful that he respected me enough to call. He also left the decision in my hands about hunting the land or not. He did say he would prefer that I don't but it was my call. Out of respect for his wishes I won't hunt it. He offered to give the new owners my contact info and inform them of my desire to hunt the land. He also thanked me for helping his dad out when he was in need.
Who knows, perhaps I'll still be able to hunt it in the future.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lost my new land, never hunted it.

Sorry for your loss of a friend and I think that you're doing the right thing by not hunting it.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

sorry for the loss, but who knows you might be able to hunt it in the furure and things turn out for the best
Old 07-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

Too bad about the new hunting land i know how hard it is to come by,but you have earned my respect with your unselfish decesion,not only the son's wishes that you not hunt the property,but also the fact you took the time to stop and help out a fellow when he needed help.we all need to take a page out of your book and help our neighbor out when their in a jam.I think the next time I see someone in a bit of a spot i will do the neighdorlly thing and offer my assistance.Your a class act in my book tx!
Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stranger things have happened. Sorry for you lose on both ends.

Tom
Old 07-16-2007, 12:14 PM

Class act all the way around, it just goes to show you that respect and decency are still around today.

Ken
Old 07-16-2007, 12:30 PM

I guess I missed your first post but that was a great thing you did Tex. That elderly gentleman left this world knowing that there are still friendly "strangers" out there.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:17 PM

[/align]thats sad for a lot of reasons, but its nice he gave you the option! i agree i wouldnt eitner it just goes to show one day were here onewere gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and the hunting land.

......time to get your check book out since the land in going on the market.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:45 PM

I hate it for you and for his family. You know that all things work together for good--so keep your head up!

Quick Reply: Lost my new land, never hunted it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.