Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech's new bow. >

Bowtech's new bow.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech's new bow.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:22 AM

Default RE: Bowtech's new bow.

Bowhunting isnt about looks, so i dont know why people are all into the looks of a bow. It's about how it performs, and I honestly think these bows are gonna perform awesome. I can't wait to shoot one. If you guys are gonna complain about anything complain about the price...I think they are around $800 if I'm not mistaken. Being in college I know I cant swing that.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:09 PM

Its our nature to appreciate the looks of the things we own.

We've been conditioned over centuries to appreciate the beauty of everything from nature to the things we purchase.

Is bowhunting about looks? No, you're right.

But it is in our nature to like things that aren't ugly.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Banned

I like the latest ,greatest technology and I think they look cool. Who knows,I really like my new Tribute. I have to make a couple kills with it 1st. I have doe tags so I am sure it will see some action yet this fall and winter. My Trykon was good to me this fall with a turkey/doe double one night and a nice buck 10 days later but I just sold it today and have a new Vectrix on order. I am not partial to looks only. I like innovation, and if this new center pivot technology rocks my world, thangood bye Tribute!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:19 PM

I like the idea of it and the idea of minimal limb travel. When my dad goes to shoot a guardian and a tribute I am going to try and shoot one too.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Its our nature to appreciate the looks of the things we own.

We've been conditioned over centuries to appreciate the beauty of everything from nature to the things we purchase.

Is bowhunting about looks? No, you're right.

But it is in our nature to like things that aren't ugly.

So true.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:29 PM

Go Bowtech!

I went more by looks the beginning of this year when I first chose the Trykon. After shooting it for a while I came to the conclusion that it was not the bow for me. I learned from this that it does not have to be aesthetically appealing for me to be happy and confident with the equipment.

So I traded in for a bowtech and couldn't be happier. All bows today are going to look at least half decent. Just go with what feels good for you and not us.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I like the latest ,greatest technology and I think they look cool. Who knows,I really like my new Tribute. I have to make a couple kills with it 1st. I have doe tags so I am sure it will see some action yet this fall and winter. My Trykon was good to me this fall with a turkey/doe double one night and a nice buck 10 days later but I just sold it today and have a new Vectrix on order. I am not partial to looks only. I like innovation, and if this new center pivot technology rocks my world, thangood bye Tribute!!!
HCH -
Do you like your Tribute better than your Trykon?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna try it before I judge.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:32 AM

if we didnt appreciate the looks of our equiptment, none of us would have nice wood stocks on our guns. we would all be shooting the black plastic stuff lol. but i also have a weatherby 30-06 thats the black stock with stainless barrel and i love hunting with it because i know i cant hurt it. but when im cleaning my guns its the last one i pick up.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:09 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

HCH -
Do you like your Tribute better than your Trykon?
Pretty equal actually. I prefer the draw cycle of the Tribute over the Trykons' butI shot theTrykon more accurately and it was a little quieter when shot. My ONLY complaint of the Trykon was when I had the bow peaked at 70#, when the cam bottomed out at full draw, it made a little bump noise. By turning the bow down to 64# I eliminated most of the noise. The Tribute has a very smooth draw cycle and does not have the big valley that the Trykon had. The Tribute is 31" AtoA and is 2" shorter than the Trykon and I am sure that is why I shot the Trykon more accurately.I am a Hoyt guy at heart and bought the 60# Tribute as a backup hunting bow to take on trips and I plan on using it as my turkey bow in the Double bulls since it is so short.They are both 1st class bows. My Trykon shot 288 fps peakedat 70#'s and my Tribute shoots 278 fps peakedat 60#.