Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer

Old 11-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default deer

Do you guys think i should shoot this? This would be my 2nd buck but the biggest i've shot with the bow. I will be happy with whatever you guys tell me. And as you can see he dont have a puffed up neck. Whats up with that?

Old 11-11-2006, 10:51 AM

Default RE: deer

Sounds to me like you need to sit down and think about why you hunt.

You shouldn't have to ask us if you should shoot it.

Would you be happy with this deer?

Yes?

Then shoot it.

No?

Then don't.

Personally, he's too small for my liking.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i know im not gonna argue but all i wanted was a answer. not no sounds to me like oyu need to sit down and think about why you hunt. Thats not wat i was looking for. I was looking for wat you guys think. Easy answer yes or no and give the reason! Thanks
Old 11-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Spike

No, I would not shoot it. If you need venison, go for the does.

Let him grow, you will be happy you did. Still, if you think that you would be happy, go for it.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: wisbowhunter2009

Do you guys think i should shoot this? This would be my 2nd buck but the biggest i've shot with the bow. I will be happy with whatever you guys tell me. And as you can see he dont have a puffed up neck. Whats up with that?
Maybe you should think about how you react to people's answers while you're sitting down thinking about why you hunt. Especially after you say "I'll be happy with whatever you guys tell me." I don't think Washington Hunter was trying to slam you. He posted the same thing I was thinking and I imagine alot of others are thinking, too. Why are you hunting? For meat? For horns? For respect from someone? For enjoyment? What are the genes like in your area? Would you be happy with that deer? Are you going to regret shooting it as opposed to letting him walk and hopefully make it another few years? Those are questions only YOU can answer and to be honest, what ever we say shouldn't really matter. Good luck and good hunting.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:27 AM

It really depends on your location. For some areas, that's a good buck. If you are in the midwest, let him grow. My goal every year is to get a bigger deer than I have in the past. If you are thinking about the huntingnet contest, 70 inches are better than none.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:32 AM

Harvest him now and enjoy some good eating. Not enough mass or width for me.

best of luck

Old 11-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I for one would shoot that deer in a heart beat not because of my area but ive never taken an actual buck, ive take two button bucks and thats all i have ever killed, and i personally enjoy the meat
Old 11-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt for antlers AND meat. I hunt in a area where a few others hunt and im sure he'll get wacked rifle season. Thanks for your opinions. I thrink i'll shoot him if he comes in tonight because i've only shot a fork before so that'll be bigger. And i also have plenty of years to hunt for a big rack.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

yup thats the same with me, ive got plenty of years aheaed of me to trophy hunt, id like to get some under my belt first

Quick Reply: deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.