Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scenario, take it? >

Scenario, take it?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scenario, take it?

Old 11-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Scenario, take it?

Someone has put a trail camera on some private land, that only I and another guy have permission to hunt. We think it is a guy who lost permission a few years back. Would you take the camera, leave a note with a phone number for the guy to pick up? What would you do?
Old 11-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scenario, take it?

Grab a"NO TRESSPASSING" sign,slip in there and purposely get caught on his camera holding that sign out in front of you. Don't forget to smile pretty for the picture.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would take the camera and if I had a some paper I would leave a note.I hate trespassers.... I might not give the courticy of leaving a note.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Give him a moon shot.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

I would ask the land owner about what he wanted done. After having some fun with the camera first of course.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Be careful..it may be a friend of the land-owners. Someone he neglected to tell you would be on the land..you could end up with no where to hunt.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the advice, but the landowner is the one who told me about it, bascially saying that if the camera is who we think it is, to call the concervation officers if we see him on the land. looks like the camera is fair game,I just thought I would give the guy a number so he can retrieve his camera.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stealing is never the answer. If you know who it is than walk up to him with it in hand and give it to him. Tell him the property owner doesn't want him there so next time he will be charged and personal property not returned. Kind of like a man would do.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Who said anything about stealing? For all I know this could be some one elses camera, the fact is between all of us who use the property, the owner, myself and another guy who hunts it, we know the camera is not ours, but someone who is, key word coming........TRESPASSING. They can come pick up their camera.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

I would take the camera and leave a note to come get it from you. Then it isn't stealing. I would not just go up to that guy and give it to him and tell him to stay off the property because if it wasn't him he would just say ok and take the camera, then he comes out ahead.

Quick Reply: Scenario, take it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.