Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 KANSAS WHOPPER HIT!!! >

KANSAS WHOPPER HIT!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

KANSAS WHOPPER HIT!!!

Old 11-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: KANSAS WHOPPER HIT!!!

Thought you were going to help him look this morning or is it over?
Old 11-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you guys find him.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

he had already shot the deer so what good would that of done, and your telling me that if you had a 180 1/4 to you and you had 1 chance you wouldnt shoot, i know its not a good shot but alot of men on here would of flung one, i sure would of tried to crash a muzzy through the point of the shoulder.
Since you asked (kind of), no I wouldn't have shot at a deer quartered to me. Not a good shot selection. No matter what size.

As a friend, I'd show him these pages for future reference:
http://www.bowhunter-ed.com/course/ch7_shot_strategy.htm
http://www.bowhunter-ed.com/course/ch7_setting_up_shots.htm

Good luck in finding the deer.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've gotta be on napahunter's side on this one (to an extent).

He didn't shoot the deer, so simply don't blame him for making the shot. His buddy made the shot, does that mean he is suppose discontinue their friendship?

I wouldn't have taken the shot, but it is already done, deal with it.

Good luck finding your buddies deer.

MOST OF ALL ~ I think that the post/rank is the most worthless thing on this forum. The people with the highest rank think they are the most skilled hunters and don't make mistakes. There are a handfull of life members/addicted membersthat I agree and trust 100% of what they say, but there are some b*ll **** ones also. I've said it before and I will say it again.....

If I'm reading a post from a member who has made 475 posts in 4 years, but those 475 posts has helped people recover deer or make someone a better hunter

vs.

A member who has make 1675 posts in 3 months. The majority of their posts say 'nice buck', 'congrats', 'I agree', 'wish me luck', then their post/rank is total bull****.

Luckily I'm on this forum year round for over a year now, so I know and recognize the names of people I trust. So you can bet I will be listening to the 475 post person instead of the 1675 post person.

So to make a long story short, don't consider yourself better or a better hunter because you have a higher rank than another person. Because there is a REAL GOOD chance that the other person is a better hunter and more experieced. Your only kidding yourself.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

krojemann,

Not following your post at all. I reread a bunch of posts and don't really see any bashing or blaming taking place. I do see some answers to some questions that arose from the originator of the tread.

Besides that you make a point about the "ranking" I guess, but I'm scratching my head trying to understand what it has to do with the topic at all.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, the ranking has nothing to do with bowhunting. But then why do ~some~ people with high rankings act like they are better bowhunters and know-it-all pricks?
Old 11-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree, the ranking has nothing to do with bowhunting. But then why do ~some~ people with high rankings act like they are better bowhunters and know-it-all pricks?
What exactly are you referring to?
Old 11-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

What exactly are you referring to?

If he was my buddy I would of told he shouldn't of taken a quartering to shot
They guy made an innocent post, sharing a story.He didn't even make the shot. Do you honestly think this is the reply he was looking to hear. I highly doubt it, or else he wouldn't have wrote the story.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

If he was my buddy I would of told he shouldn't of taken a quartering to shot
Well I didn't say it but I sure thought it.

and your telling me that if you had a 180 1/4 to you and you had 1 chance you wouldnt shoot, i know its not a good shot but alot of men on here would of flung one, i sure would of tried to crash a muzzy through the point of the shoulder.
You talk about people with many posts having a attitude,well after being on this site and a couple others and reading that attitude, it gets hard not to hammer on someone.

Why because they usually end up with a post like this "looked real hard and couldn't find him. It happens right?" Well it does happen but try and get all the odds in your favor.

I'd rather let a marginal shot go then fling one, and know that the buck is dead or maimed.

This it's was my only chance is a little bit of BS because you don't know what would have happened if you would have just waited. That's bowhunting.

Then they say, we'll be out looking in the morning and they are sitting on a computer.

If you look rtight now there is another thread where the only shot the hunter had was through brush, guess what the outcome was?
Old 11-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

krojemann, IMO and respectfully, I think you are being a bit sensitive.

Theposter from your quotemay have been a little harsh, but I also would have talked to my friend about shot selection. It probably wouldn't have been the first thing out of my mouth though and it could have waited till after the recovery/non-recovery, but I would have said something if it was a true quartering to shot that he took.

Quick Reply: KANSAS WHOPPER HIT!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.