Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Venting on my no deer frustration! >

Venting on my no deer frustration!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Venting on my no deer frustration!

Old 11-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Venting on my no deer frustration!

Its that hard, and more hard!
Why do you think we congratulate every harvest and tell people that they are all trophies? The frustration is what makes the harvest soooooo sweet. I compare it to golf, its a game that no matter how good you get you can always get better, a bad day can happen at any time, but so can that once in a lifetime moment that you will never forget. And, as a plus, if you are really addicted (like me) you can come out of the woods having never taken a shot but still be all smiles because of something new you saw or learned.
You don't have to make a kill to have a successful hunt!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Dominant Buck

There is such a thing as being snake bit..... but usually we bite ourselves. If it ain't workin'....... change it. Assuming you have deer in the area, you have a couple choices. One... keep on keepin' on. Two.... do it different. Right now in most parts of the country you better be hunting does. The bucks are going to be close. If you're seeing does... just hang with it. If you're seeing nothing..... you aren't doing it right or there are no deer. We too often get caught up in old habits and beliefs. You have to be willing to make drastic changes if it isn't working. BUT... it usually comes back to you've done something or things wrong.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

This is my first season...I have seen bucks while in my stand the last 4 times. This first 10 (or more) times in my stand I didn't see anything. Guess what I did??? I got out and scouted.......just walked aroung in the woods with my bow and looked for signs and deer. I saw rubs, scrapes, and does. I set up in those areas with my climber and started seeing things like 6 points working scrapes, does behind me, coyotes, and a NICE 8 point behind me today with no shot. I am frustrated, but at least I saw some deer in the stand. Good things come to those who wait. (we hope)
Don't be affraid to shake things up.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: hawgdawg
Here where I live in La I'm luckly to see a deer probably every 4 or 5 times on stand so just have to be patient and maybe when I do see deer it will be the right one. You can't see deer at the house.
Oh ya... While I've been out hunting or at work in the mornings my wife and kids have been seeing a six and fork in our back yard. (we live right in the woods in northern Wisconsin). They've seen more bucks in their pj's than I have in my $1000 bow hunting set up.

But seriously, thanks for the feedback - I know what the costs and the stakes are. Its just, it seems like some folks are so damn lucky. I need some luck. I need some luck real bad.