Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rut activity around country? Especially MO >

Rut activity around country? Especially MO

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rut activity around country? Especially MO

Old 11-02-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Rut activity around country? Especially MO

What phase do you think the deer are in now? How do you think they will hold up until the Nov. 11 rifle season comes around? I havent been in the woods much lately so I dont really know. Good luck to everyone.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Spike

Default RE: Rut activity around country? Especially MO

I hunt in Maries county and have been out quite a few times. Seen lots of little bucks and their scrapes. I also hunt in St. Louis county and havewatched several bucks sparring. Lots of does with their youngin's. This upcoming week before rifle season should be very interesting and hot with activity.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:38 PM

I rattled two bucks in on Halloween, so I think the Pre-Rut is definitely in full swing. I hunt north west missouri, and have noticed a considerable more amount of scrapes as well. It's gettin close, hopefully with some more cold weather it will be ON come gun season.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:24 PM

Chasing is just beginning....actually, more like dogging. They aren't truely chasing yet, but the bucks are following the does around. Hunt the food sources and they'll be there.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:12 PM

I agree with Mobow. Dogging...that's a good word for it. 2 weeks ago a small 6 pointer checked a doe out right by my stand. She wasnt ready yet so he just followed the group of does that was with him. Should be heating up with activity this weekend tho.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

Here in northern WI it is on. The bucks are chasing and if they aren't chasing then they have there noses to the ground. Lots of scrape activity.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

In northern Missouir where I hunt they are dfinately in a post rut pattern. Next week should be good.
I think the moon will be good as well.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

My son and I hunted in texa county in Missouri and I think they are in the rut pretty good we seen three bucks and everyone of them was chasing does. One was grunting at the two he was chasing so much you could here him well before you could here the foot steps or see them.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:29 PM

Im just southeast of central mo, and rattled in two bucks on Sunday, a forkhorn early, and an 8 pointer an hour or so later. Then in another spot 1/4 mile away, On two consecutive hunts, one evening andnext morning,I had a small 8 and a 5 pointer come in to a tree with 3 scrapes under it,at different times,and work them repeatedly, both stayed for over 15 minutes, and made for some great video. Two nights ago, I had two trail cams set up on two seperate scrapes 1/2 mile apart, and caught the same buck with a doe(same doe too I guess) at both scrapes exactly an hour apart to the minute (2:32am) He is a good 9 pointer and is eveidently not letting this doe get out of his sight, now just to find out where she stays. The rut is right around the corner, and the temps are dropping, next week we need to be ready to spend all day in the stand as much as possible, they should be chasing within days. Good luck everyone!