Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need a review quick...Should I? Thanks >

Need a review quick...Should I? Thanks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a review quick...Should I? Thanks

Old 11-02-2006, 10:40 AM

Default Need a review quick...Should I? Thanks

I have a friend getting ready to pass by Bass Pro.

I've already got an alpha climber lone wolf...Condering picking up a better "all day" stand.

Should I have my buddy pick up a......
Gorilla Climbing Stand:
Pro-Series Greyback Magnum Deluxe Convertable

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT FROM OWNERS.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:13 AM

Default RE: Need a review quick...Should I? Thanks

I take it your not satisfied with your Lone wolf? If you have the money, go for it. I really like some of the summit climbers myself. I have no knowledge of the gorilla climber. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Mike
Old 11-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just bought a Summit Viper SS last week (thanks to the advice from the people on this board), I've been in it 3 times and nearly put me asleep all 3 times [8D]. Very happy with my purchase. As safe and comfortable as I could have ever imagined.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:32 PM

Summit Viper or Ravor. Either way you won't go wrong

Old 11-02-2006, 03:49 PM

go for it. i have that exact stand and its great. very roomy and very comfortable and the shooting rail/foot rest is great. they have them in sportsmans guide for like $150 and there probably +$200 at bass pro.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:06 PM

The Gorilla's are a copy of the Ol' Man stands. I had 3 of them at one time. Now it is just one. But they are comfortable, and dependable. I have considered getting another ol' man. The mesh seats are great. They might take a little getting used t , while you break the mesh in, but after that they are sweet.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

another vote for the Summit Viper SS in terms of comfort. one day i went after work to catch prime time...sat down...woke up and it was just light enough to see!! i missed the entire hunt! i do not think i could sleep in ANY stand without the bar of the viper or similar. but ive made several 4hr sits and time seems to fly. if i didnt have other priorities limiting my time and had food and water i could make it all day. thinking of summit trophy system for a hang on to have in my prime spot. its a basic platform hang on with a summit trophy chair for the seat. the viper doesnt make much noise and is easy to use and set up...but packing it through the brush can make noise and climbing up a set of steps would be even easier for them spots you wanna sneak into...
Old 11-02-2006, 06:36 PM

thanks guys...

headed north and a little west in about 16 hours.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

I've owned 4-5 different climbers and if you are wanting an all day stand you HAVE to get a TREE LOUNGE!There is no comparison! I've had the summit as well as an API< OLe man, etc.. And the tree lounge is by far the most comfortable and safest there is. I always threatened to put a post in my family room and move the tree lounge inside! They are however, a little cumbersome to carry around(but most climbers are ), but the comfort is worth it
Old 11-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

I barrowed a buddies summit a few weeks ago. Never owned one, but was real easy to operate and was comfy.

where my wife works they have a site that everyone who works there puts stuff on it to sell (alfie)sp?

A guy was selling two summit viper climbing stands, 2 yrs old never used. I called him and he bought for him and son, but son was afraid of it...[&:] probably to young? Anyways never used. 1 for $80 or two for $150. I called him this morning and he had just sold them...

Quick Reply: Need a review quick...Should I? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.