Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 lumenoks are illegal in kansas >

lumenoks are illegal in kansas

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lumenoks are illegal in kansas

Old 11-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Spike

Default lumenoks are illegal in kansas

i was looking at making myself some lumenoks buti find out that they are illegal to use while your hunting in kansas. you can use them to target shoot but not to hunt. the reason is because its an electrical device on the arrow. i called a gamewarden and he confirmed it. that just bites. i might use a chemlight, but dont know how bright it would be.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: lumenoks are illegal in kansas

Illegal in PA as well.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

As the law here in NH is written, they may be illegal here as well. I believe the law says 'it is illegal to illuminate game animals'. I had a talk with a CO about a laser sight (which are illegal because of the 'illumination law') so I would imagine the lumenock would fall in the same category. I don't think a CO would bust you for that unless he was piling charges on you for doing something much bigger you shouldn't have been doing.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

hmmm... interesting....

Old 11-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

I don't understand why these would be illegal. I can see lighted bow sights being illegal but lighted nocks makes no sense.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

That is one of those laws that if a hunter broke it wouldn't bother me at all. Makes no sense at all.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Little do they no it aids in the retrieval of big games, as well saves on littering the woods with lost arrows...

I'd still use them, who would ever know.

Ever wondered what a deer sees froma lumenok? Could it be like string jump?
click this..
http://gallery.menoutdoors.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3599&cat=1031
Old 11-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Illegal in PA as well.
Actually they ARE legal in PA.

I asked a WCO this very question and he said that because it in no way aids in the taking of an animal as it does not project a beam on the target or act as a transmitter that they are in fact quite legal to use here just like lighted sight pins are legal.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Okay by me. A good flashlight and a wrapping of reflective tape between the nock and fletchings will shine much brighter than the luminocks anyway. Or if you want it to shine by itself, replace the tape with a band of phosphorescent paint.

You don't need to be breaking game laws to get the same effect. Even better, by not using luminocks, you're taking a lot of weight out of the back end of your arrow, which increases your FOC balance and makes for a more stable, easier to tune and probably more accuratearrow.

I rank luminocks right up there with used tampons on my list of stupid ideas. [8D]
Old 11-01-2006, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: JAY216

i was looking at making myself some lumenoks buti find out that they are illegal to use while your hunting in kansas. you can use them to target shoot but not to hunt. the reason is because its an electrical device on the arrow. i called a gamewarden and he confirmed it. that just bites. i might use a chemlight, but dont know how bright it would be.
I can definitely see how they would help guide your arrow to the vitals in a deer?

Quick Reply: lumenoks are illegal in kansas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.