Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 lumenoks are illegal in kansas >

lumenoks are illegal in kansas

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lumenoks are illegal in kansas

Old 11-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lumenoks are illegal in kansas

hey, i love the reflective tape idea!!! that is awesome! what about reflective arrow wraps do they make those?

Personally, i've had bad luck with lumenoks and mine only worked one time out of about 10 before I took it off.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Dominant Buck

I use reflective arrow wraps. They aid in arrow retrieval....and if you're tracking at night......they can hep you in a BIG way. When I shot my buck....I stuck one in the ground at the point of impact. I stuck one in the ground at my tree (to be able to find the area when I returned to track). I stuck the broken arrow (found on the trail) up and it helped when we wanted to retrace the blood trail backwards.

Reflective wraps are great.

Jeff
Old 11-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Matt. I'm wondering if that is his interpretation of the law or the law itself because I think our law reads anything electronic on an arrow. I try to learn something new everyday and I apologize for the misinformation.

They still don't make them small enough for ACC's. [&:]
Old 11-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Matt. I'm wondering if that is his interpretation of the law or the law itself because I think our law reads anything electronic on an arrow. I try to learn something new everyday and I apologize for the misinformation.

They still don't make them small enough for ACC's. [&:]
Rob the WCO was "John S" on Huntingpa.com, and I asked him last year and he didn't use the wording "my interpretation"........he simply said that they ARE legal in PA.

Like you said I can't use them anyway. I shoot pin nocks!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Spike

They are also illegal in ND
Old 11-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

I had better check if they are still legal here in MN......If not I'm a poacher........They work awesome.........Why would they out law them.....Makes no sense to me!
Old 11-01-2006, 03:08 PM

Its only illegal if you get caught.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:35 PM

I don't think lighted nocks are stupid at all. I once harvested a nice 8-pointer at 15 yrds never to find my arrow after or its Thunderhead 125. That deal cost me about $10 losing that arrow, and, not being able to see any clues of color of blood nor hair to confirm where it hit, etc.
I'll buy them in-a-minute!

Old 11-01-2006, 03:52 PM

The only problem I have is that I am too good a shot.

I wanted to make sure They didn't affect my arrow flight, so I always practiced with them. Guess what....The don't work after they have been robin-hooded!!!![:@][:@][:@] Lesson learned; Aim at different spots on the target, NOT where you already have arrows. I have already ruined 3 arrows this year. The Luminok robin hood was at a tourniment...it was kinda kool to watch the light go out and having everyone realize what had just happened.....
Old 11-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even better, by not using luminocks, you're taking a lot of weight out of the back end of your arrow, which increases your FOC balance and makes for a more stable, easier to tune and probably more accuratearrow.
Actually, about 8.5 grains difference between my homemade lighted knock compared to factory nock! Not enough to change the FOC a concernable percantage! Doesn't change POI anyways. The good that a lighted nock offers out ways the bad. Shoot an animal with a lighted nock and you will see the impact point! You also will see the flight of the arrow much better than without them.
KS. does allow lighted sight pins, just no sight that projects light on the target, and no powered optics! I think the law of no electronics on the arrow could be changed, if the right people understood that a luminock isn't cheating, it simply helps a hunter see the flight of the arrow and even helps find the arrow afterwards, which isn't giving us any more of an unfair advantage than we already have. Might even help hunters in game recovery, since if you can't find your arrow, you're not finding that first bit of shot placement evidence, given a pass through occured!

Quick Reply: lumenoks are illegal in kansas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.