Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Picture of my climbing setup >

Picture of my climbing setup

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Picture of my climbing setup

Old 10-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Picture of my climbing setup

I bought a 100' of nylon rope at Lowes. I got 7/16 diameter. It was white so I got some brown dye and let it soak in a bucket over night and it looks good.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Sorry, Tom.....you've just got more time on your hands than I do.....

Jeff
I don't have a lot of time either but it was a very quick deal. Researched the prussic knot through google and went and bought the rope.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Gorilla sticks?? Yes I love the prussic knot and always use the linesmans system while wearing my Summit seatopants vest and hanging my Lone wolf sticks and stand.
Yep HCH a couple gorrilla sticks and the old API stackin stix.I can't find the API ones anymore so I use the Gorillas.They are a bit heavier,but just as durable if not more.I think I checked on those lone wolfs,I think they where a bit more ca$h for them compared to the Gorillas.Great way to hunt easy to set up with a lineman style safety aound the tree.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:50 PM

Hey drstalker, I'm a climber as well.(trees)Your the only other one I've run into on this forum. Rigth on!!We have some MONSTER Tulip trees and some big azz Oaks where I live, here in Pa. Thats a nice, "safe"set up you've got there. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Thank's Earlyin3.Many years ago before becoming a lineman,I would help a buddy that just started his own tree service,it's great work,I'm 43 now and a bit arthritic but for a guy that's 6'5" and 275LBS I can still climb.I just don't want to fall cause I know I'll hit like a sack of tatersMan I'll bet you could rig to hunt from any tree where you live.I admire what you guys do,it's a specialized line of work,no doubt.