Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Those who stay in the stand all day ? for you... >

Those who stay in the stand all day ? for you...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Those who stay in the stand all day ? for you...

Old 10-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Spike

Default Those who stay in the stand all day ? for you...

What do you guys bring to eat? I cant last that long without eating something... i would guess that it might be something that has attractive qualities like a PBJ? Or apples? And food prep... what do you keep the food in so it doesnt make too much noise when you open it up?
Any tips fellas?
Thanks

Old 10-30-2006, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Those who stay in the stand all day ? for you...

I bring apples, carrot sticks, cookies, maybe a sandwich and a bottle of something to drink. I just throw the stuff in a zip lock bag and put it in my backpack.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:56 AM

I take small stuff like cheese crackers or peanutbutter crackers. I usually take a candy bar too just incase I need a sugar fix. and I take a 20 oz. soda, with a screw top. I can sip it and screw the top on and put it away.

But I don't eat or drink a lot. I am usually too keyed up to even think about it too much.

Be safe and good hunting

God Bless

Old 10-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I generaaly fast / water and leave my food in the truck in a cooler.
We americans eat too much.

Eat a big breakfast before you get started.
C7
Old 10-30-2006, 08:00 AM

i take nutter butter cookie in a zip lock bag, a apple and apple juice usually 2 20 oz plastic bottle and when they are empty I use them for piss bottles...
Old 10-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Especially during the rut i try to spend dark-dark in the stand. You can't go all day without anything to eat. If i bring anything that makes noise when opening, the night before i take it out of the wrapper and put into a zip lock bag...still make noise but not like the packaging. This usually consists of bite size candy bars (snickers yummy) or mini muffins. I do the same with any sandwich. I keep it simple...ham/cheese, pbj etc...i hold back from taking an italian grinder(im from mass,we call it a grinder)with the worksThen i usually take a few apples and i usually take some jerky or beef sticks...they are good for protein and energy...plus it tastes good. And don't forget the water...you don't want to become dehydrated while in the stand. Before taking anything out of my pack I make sure I am quiet as possible and limit the movement. By eating and keeping hydrated it helps you sit longer and more alert. Good Luck
Old 10-30-2006, 08:04 AM

Plenty of snickers bars,hard candy,cookies ,water and if its warm ill freeze my drinks so they will be cold longer.[sandwiches]
Old 10-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

LOLI just read the above posts and then i read mine...i sound like a big fat pig!!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ranger10

Especially during the rut i try to spend dark-dark in the stand. You can't go all day without anything to eat. If i bring anything that makes noise when opening, the night before i take it out of the wrapper and put into a zip lock bag...still make noise but not like the packaging. This usually consists of bite size candy bars (snickers yummy) or mini muffins. I do the same with any sandwich. I keep it simple...ham/cheese, pbj etc...i hold back from taking an italian grinder(im from mass,we call it a grinder)with the worksThen i usually take a few apples and i usually take some jerky or beef sticks...they are good for protein and energy...plus it tastes good. And don't forget the water...you don't want to become dehydrated while in the stand. Before taking anything out of my pack I make sure I am quiet as possible and limit the movement. By eating and keeping hydrated it helps you sit longer and more alert. Good Luck
I second this!! Pretty much my words exactly, saved a lot of typing.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:06 AM

Man it sounds like you be grubbin...

Quick Reply: Those who stay in the stand all day ? for you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.