HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Those who stay in the stand all day ? for you...
Old 10-30-2006, 08:05 AM
MILLERTIME10
Typical Buck

Default RE: Those who stay in the stand all day ? for you...

ORIGINAL: Ranger10

Especially during the rut i try to spend dark-dark in the stand. You can't go all day without anything to eat. If i bring anything that makes noise when opening, the night before i take it out of the wrapper and put into a zip lock bag...still make noise but not like the packaging. This usually consists of bite size candy bars (snickers yummy) or mini muffins. I do the same with any sandwich. I keep it simple...ham/cheese, pbj etc...i hold back from taking an italian grinder(im from mass,we call it a grinder)with the worksThen i usually take a few apples and i usually take some jerky or beef sticks...they are good for protein and energy...plus it tastes good. And don't forget the water...you don't want to become dehydrated while in the stand. Before taking anything out of my pack I make sure I am quiet as possible and limit the movement. By eating and keeping hydrated it helps you sit longer and more alert. Good Luck
I second this!! Pretty much my words exactly, saved a lot of typing.