Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Antler Restrictions are working! >

Antler Restrictions are working!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Antler Restrictions are working!

Old 10-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Antler Restrictions are working!

With only one full season of expirimental antler restrictions under our belt.Bucks must have three points on one side.I have seen a significant increase in racked bucks.This is in the southern tier in New York state.Last year during the archery season I saw 13 bucks only three of them racked.This year while having hunted only six times I have seen 9 bucks with seven of them being racked.To say that I am pleased is an understatement.In another year or two we should have some exceptional bucks in our area!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Antler Restrictions are working!

Yea I feel they are the best thing that has happened to PA. Good luck getting one of those nice ones. It'll only get better as the years go on.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're entitled to your opinion, but I hate antler restrictions.

I have seen more dink bucks in the past few years then I have in my life. Arkansas has had the 3 point rule for 8 or so years now. I'm ready to get rid of it.

Old 10-29-2006, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the antler restrictions, but every time we pass a good law, we pass a stupid one. I hate the early muzz. season that just slaughters the does. We really need to do something about increasing the doe pop. Luckily I don't have to hunt here.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:05 AM

I'm not even gonna get started.....
Old 10-29-2006, 09:50 AM

We have antler restrictions here in MO as well buta buck must have 4 points on one side. I dont mind it because it increases total racked buck #'s, but I also think as someone said earlier, it increases dinky bucks. I think the best way to add a large # of bigger racked bucks would be to have about two seasons where all a hunter can kill is bucks that dont have 4 points on either side. This will keep all the already big bucks around to breed the does and get rid of the smaller "brush rack" deer. Then put 4 point antler restrictions on to protect the offspring of the superior bucks. I mean you dont let your cull bull breed your cows. I know this will never happen though because it will keep your average hunter from hunting if the law makes 0% chance to kill a big buck. I do think it would work though. GoodLuck to all.