Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Are the ANTLER RESTRICTIONS WORKING??? >

Are the ANTLER RESTRICTIONS WORKING???

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Are the ANTLER RESTRICTIONS WORKING???

Old 11-06-2002, 07:36 PM

Default Are the ANTLER RESTRICTIONS WORKING???

Hey all you Pennsylvania hunters,

Are the antler restrictions working? This year I have seen more deer that DIDN'T meet antler restrictions than all other years combined. I swear, last year, the smallest deer I would see was a 7 point, this year, the biggest is a 6 point. I just wondered how many you guys have passed up. I have probablly passed up around a dozen. One was a REALLY nice 6 point. He was about 17 inches wide, probablly 7" back tines and good mass. He just didn't have any brow-tines. He was the only buck out of all the ones that I have seen that I might have harvested, the rest were too small for my standards, but, it is nice to know that there are going to be alot of nice bucks running around next year. How knows, I might be able to find a nice buck that meets my standards this year. Well, I was just curious on how the AR have been working.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet

Check out my hunting PICS here http://community.webshots.com/user/buckmagnet
Old 11-06-2002, 08:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Are the ANTLER RESTRICTIONS WORKING???

Of course they are not working, at least as far as seeing results. There is no way of telling if AR have been successful until a few seasons pass. You certainly can't have results when the experiment isn't over.

I've passed 8 bucks, 6 legal and 2 off limits. I can only hope most make it through a couple seasons.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 11-06-2002, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

First Rob glad to see you again posting here. I was just about to send out the blood hounds for ya. Hows everything going? Me good my wife and I just bought a house down the shore here in NJ and will be moving in or closeing Nov 19 can't wait. But my wife right now has some problems with her wrist carpel tunnel syndrom. But I think she is doing better every day or I atleast hope she is. I just feel helpless right now but I pray for her every day. BUt hope all is well with you Rob and the cabin is GREAT and eveything you and your ever hoped. Good luck with it my friend.

Sorry for the rant BM As I just haven't seen rob post in a long while and I had to call the dogs on him before and glad that I just didn't have to do it again.

So back to your question Nope don't think you will notice for atleast 2 or 3 years. By then you will have more modifications made to it and it will be fine tuned and PA residents will be some of the luckyest people around. YOu should be glad Alt is behind you. Take care and get that 17 pointer I want some pictures

Brian

Old 11-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

This is the first year they are being implemented , it won't be known for at least 2 years , more likely 3.
Old 11-07-2002, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too soon to tell if they are working. As for me, I passed on 2 bucks both sub legal before shooting my buck. they wouldn't have been shot even if AR's did not exist.
Old 11-07-2002, 04:29 PM

Guys, I didn't mean that I wanted to know if the whole plan is working, I wanted to know if you guys have been passing up alot of deer that will be legal next year. I should have re-worded it. I know that it will take several years for the full effect too show, I just wanted to know if we are all getting a good start on it.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet

Check out my hunting PICS here http://community.webshots.com/user/buckmagnet
Old 11-07-2002, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

the ARs dont apply to me yet!!...ive only seen one buck while hunting for sure that was alive..maybe seen alota spikes and small bucks i couldnt tell and called them does but nothin with a rack except one that if i shot a guy in a tree stand would caught my bullet after the buck so it got to live...thats in 3 yrs of hunting...maybe this year i can get one of the bucks an older guy had to pass up....i hope!all i want is one little set of antlers for my room!

Old 11-08-2002, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only time will tell,The buck I took this year was the 14th buck I had around me.I would of passed on the others anyways.

Old 11-08-2002, 07:04 AM

by the looks of the 5 bucks under AR size I've found left to rot and I reported to WCOs while turkey hunting this week. I'd say the AR is going about as well as many suggested it would.
Me I killed my rack buck only after I killed a doe...only because that's the order they came in.
Also I've seen at least a dozen bucks since mid October that were over 18&quot; and 8 pts . But that's normal for me. While I've seen an increase in sub Ar bucks splattered on the roads in this county this year.
some of the little yearlings I saw kids with the other week were button bucks as well. BT
Old 11-08-2002, 08:06 AM

Yeah I have been passing some bucks up, so far 2 illegals, 3 legals that i couldn't get a shot at that would have been considered good, and 1 decent 8 point i goofed on

Jennings Buckmaster Bow
.50 Cal Thompson Center Renegade

Quick Reply: Are the ANTLER RESTRICTIONS WORKING???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.