Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 mock scrapes and drippers >

mock scrapes and drippers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mock scrapes and drippers

Old 10-27-2006, 05:39 PM

Default mock scrapes and drippers

anybody ever made a scrape and put a dripper on it or poured doe pee on it? i put a dripper on a scrape that a buck has been hittin pretty hard so maybe i can get him to check it during legal hours. i put my camera on it also so that i can see what he looks like. (i havent seen him yet) i also made another one in another woods and poured some doe pee in it. if you have done anything different or have any suggestions let me know. thanks
Old 10-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: mock scrapes and drippers

I have made some scrapes before and sometimes they work. I usually will do scent drags and then on the way make a scrape. Main thing to remember is try your bestto leave as little ofYOUR scent behind as possible.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

I have made some mock scrapes sometime they work'], depends if the rut is in fill swing. I also use a drag line to my stand then hang the rage up on a limb about 3 feet hight so the scent goes in the direaction the deer are coming from. Then i'll get my rattle bag out andrattle for about one or two minutes, then get my grunt call out and to the same. Oh i forgot to say i rattle and grunt just when i can see my sights on my bow or gun. Good luck and hope this will work for you .
Old 10-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Iforgot to mention i use tinks 69 doe scent.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:16 PM

thanks guys im gonna try the drag rag the next time i hunt one of them. i forgot to say that i used active scrape scent on them.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Dominant Buck

I guarantee it's 99 percent,, .... Not going to work. It's witch craft. Go hunting. Leave the gimmicks on the shelfs and save yourself a lot of money. 99 percent of the deer that might pass by a mock scrape will pass by there natuarlly if the stand is in the right spot. If it's not in the right spot you can use all the mock scrapes, mock rubs and mock bullhockey you want and a deer will not show 99 percent of the time. You can waste a fortune making mock scrapes according to their directions. And since the mods are active.... I'm sure they'll move this to the gear review since they moved a legitimate question on binos to the optics forum where no one will read it. Why is that. I guy ask a simple question and he's wisk away to never never land. Another guy comes in pushing a product and he's good to go. Gear review mods... or stay off the control alt delete button. I know, I've been deleted. Who cares.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have tried mock scrapes and drippers and the deer just ignored them.

One thing I did do that got some attention a couple ofyears ago I read in an article. Dig some dirt out, a couple of feet in diameter and about three inches deep. Place a piece of plastic sheeting (I used a garbage bag) and cover with dirt. Pour doe piss on top of that, and everytime you go by there. Other deer will come by and piss on it too. The plastic will keep the scent from dissipating into the ground. After a while there would be more and more deer pissing on it and you wouldn't have to keep putting the deer piss on it. It seemed to create a good amount of activity around it.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea I got onehanging over a real scrape , put it there about two weeks ago .
Its one of those day time drippers from Wildlife Reshearch and I filled it with thier product Active Scrape .
I also being doctoring it with Tinks Doe pee , just pouring it right on the scrape .
Last Monday I filled my dripper with a mix of tarsel gland and doe in estrous and when I went outon wednesday I saw that a buck came in and worked on it real good.
That scrape is now bigger and wider than it was last monday and it only twenty yards away facing my stand.
Oh yea I almost forgot to mention that when hanging your dripper , make sure it's up high enough so that the deer won't knock it down or off .
I had to hang mine up above a licking branch so when it drips the drops hit the twig and thendown on the scrape.