Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 All of this rain >

All of this rain

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All of this rain

Old 10-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Spike

Default All of this rain

hunting while fields and low lands underwater at least 6 to 12 inches. Is anyone else having trouble with all of this rain in northern IL,or any ideas
of how to hunt when flooded
Old 10-27-2006, 01:57 PM

Default RE: All of this rain

I want to get out tomorrow in PA and might be able to in the afternoon....that rain is headed this way now...hopefully it clears by afternoon...

I would stick to the ridge tops and focus on acorns instead of field hunting for now..
Old 10-28-2006, 03:43 AM

What is it, I never see deer in the rain. I sat in the rain for 3 1/2 hours tonight. Its great to be in the woods, but didnt see a damn thing. Everyone I talk too says they see deer in the rain. Well not me....
Old 10-28-2006, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have hunted plenty of times in the rain . . . and I don't like it. I hunt for enjoyment and I don't enjoy sitting in the rain. I have seen and have killed deer in the rain, but the blood trail can be washed away quickly if it's coming down good. I never found a drop on the last "rain deer" I shot. Luckily, she fell with-in 45 yards and I found her with-in a half hour. Except for pre-rut and rut now, I'll pass on the rainy days.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've killed in a light misty all day type of rain and make every effort to get out there when the weather is like that but a steady rain I wait it out and try to be out there andbe set up right before it stops, that too is some great hunting weather. This rain we're getting now I thought I would get out this afteernoon after it stops but then they put the wind in the picture. It's supposed to gust to 50mph and be steady at 20-30mph so I will sit this day out too.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:19 AM
Host of Hosts

The rain has been hampering my hunting time here in Pa