Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rain

Old 11-12-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Rain

I planned on heading out to my stand this afternoon, but its been raining on and off all day, so this might be a stupid question but im new to bowhunting so im not sure, how the rain effects the deer movement. Should i still go out to my stand tonite?
Old 11-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rain

I'm in east tx and it's raining off and on here also. I plan on heading out at about 4:30.With alight rain I usually see more deer on my lease. If the bottom falls out I'll stay home.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite days to hunt are drizzely cloudy days. Go man, get that buck.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:15 PM

alright thanks guys light rain wind is from the perfect direction it is picking up a bit blowing about 15-20 so i guess i will have to hang on, but the rut is on here so i cant stand to stay home
Old 11-12-2005, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

My favorite days to hunt are drizzely cloudy days. Go man, get that buck.
Same here.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:36 PM

The rain helps keep your scent down to the ground, However too hard a rain makes allthe deer bed down. Sometimes however you just never know what there going to do. You're not going to see any deer sitting in your house i say get out there and go for it.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:14 PM

The biggest buck I saw on my property was in the middle of a downpour. Only reason I was there is because I was going to wait for it to die down a little beforeI walked back to camp. I could'nt believe it. I think the "smart" bucks move in thecrappiest weather, to avoid detection.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:05 PM

I've seen big bucks every night I was out in heavy rain this year...I also love being able to get back to my stands in silence...no crunchy leaves. As long as you have decent gear, you should be quite comfy.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:41 AM

ORIGINAL: stoneman

I've seen big bucks every night I was out in heavy rain this year...I also love being able to get back to my stands in silence...no crunchy leaves. As long as you have decent gear, you should be quite comfy.
I'd much rather have crunchy leaves so that I can here a deer walking from a mile away. They don't know what is walking in the woods unless they see/smell you.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:06 AM

I hate the idea of soaking my gear in the rain.I'm a "fair weather hunter",,or what ever you want to call it

Quick Reply: Rain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.