Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Patterning Deer Movement >

Patterning Deer Movement

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Patterning Deer Movement

Old 11-14-2002, 10:11 PM

Default Patterning Deer Movement

I have a question to ask everyone. If a mature buck is seen traveling in a certain direction after dark in the evening, would you say most likely that the direction he's coming from is his home & where he was bedded earlier before dark. I'm trying to pattern a buck I've seen a few times crossing from one side of the road to the other around 7pm.

Thanks,

Barry

Edited by - 5 shot on 11/16/2002 08:56:04
Old 11-15-2002, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Patterning Deer Movement

Earlier in the season that could be true, but as you get closer to the rut everything is different. Early you can pattern bucks for about the first 2-4 weeks of bowhunting. After that, changes happen with their testerone level and they change their routines. There are different stages they go thru.
This time of year you want to be close to doe bedding areas. To concentrate on the does, that is where the bucks will be. They should be chasing and breeding at this time of year in the northern areas.