Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best names for bucks and why >

Best names for bucks and why

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best names for bucks and why

Old 10-24-2006, 12:27 PM

Default RE: Best names for bucks and why

i had a 8 point buck i was hunting several years ago. his right year must have been injured in a fight because half of it was missing and the half that was left just flopped around on the side of his head. my dad starting off calling him "Flop ear" until I started calling him "The Holyfield Buck" because it looked like Tyson had taken a big bite out of his ear.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muley- This whitetail buck, 6-point, had the biggest ears of deer I had ever seen.

Red- He was a small buck,but his coat was real red, almost like he never lost his summer coat.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:04 PM

Ive named 2 bucks. The first buck I ever named was a 140 inch 8 point I called M&M because of the milk chocolate color of his rack. And the otherwas a 160 inch 10 pointI named Titan because he showed up in a field I was hunting in one night that had 3 other bucks in it as well as 5 does. He got into it with one of the other bucks and ran him off along with every other deer in the field(never got a shot).
Old 10-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a few good ones are

Moose-almost fully palmated 140's buck with 2 inch tines left on top

Goofy- He has been hit by a car and has a messed up rack

God- a 200+ 20 point that you can only see at nite

Richie-Named after a guy at camp because the deer only shows up when it's windy. The wind blew, the sh*t flew, and there stood richie.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:35 PM

Only two.... the button buck I shot last year we had named "Bucky" off of our trail cam pics... didn't mean to shoot him, thought he was a doe as his head was down in the beans.

Brutus: Wide racked perfectly symmetrical 10 that we saw a couple times last year, I hope he's still out there, but I have only hunted that stand a couple of times, it's better for gun season than bow.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Site Buck Guru

I have never named a buck. It would seem kind of strange to me as I never kill anything I have named. To me, once you start naming them, they are pets.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one name for all of them - dead!

Well, okay two names, second is - freezer pet!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Here's a few of my favorites.

Bou was a very nice buck thatreminded me of acaribou with his wide sweeping rack; he disappearedmany years ago , never heard of his fate.
Soybean is still around, addicted to soybeans. He's pretty wide, but otherwise lacking in character - still a nice trophy.
HoopHorn (my partner's name for him) - biglong symmetrical double drop tines on a nontypical that had curvature similar tothe top rack - never seen again after that season.
OMGwill take your breath away .

-fsh
Old 10-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

BUCKY
A button buck that must have been orphaned while a fawn and was in our yard all summer last year, this year we have a young forkhorn that comes and looks in our livingroom window, we think it's the same deer.

BIGBOY
A massive buck that presented himself to everyone except my Dad, but failed to present anyone with a shot. He was a 6x5. I think it is a buck a friend of mine shot a mile from my stand last year.

PITA
(Pain-in-the-ass) A big six point that walked the creekbed below my stand every day like he owned the place and he always made lots of noise like he didn't care. He was sub-legal for me,as I hunt a 4 point minimum area.

Quick Reply: Best names for bucks and why

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.