Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why I like leasing >

Why I like leasing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why I like leasing

Old 10-23-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Why I like leasing

Well as most of you know I own a hunting lease business. I have been hunting private property for the last 3 years and can't express how awesome it is. I hunted state property for 7 years and finally got fed up with the other slobs and found my own place to hunt. I offered my services to landowners(welding etc.) but did'nt have much success with it so I decided to offer to pay their property taxes and I finally nailed down a spot.Two of my buddies that were working on the road asked if I could find them the samekinda deal and one thing led to anotherand I startedmy business.I have 3 friends that talked me into goingon ahunt with them on state land yesterday, and needless to say it reaffirmed the value of my lease and the service that I provide for other's.

The state land was beautiful and I set up in an excellent funnel around 2 crp fields, I was pumped as there were 2 massive rubs where I set up. I had my climber set up at 25' by 3:30pm and was set for a big bruiser buck to come by. Well at 4:30 the reality of where I was hunting soon set in, I had a fella walk right under my stand and with each step he took, his can call would make a hilarious ma--ma-ma-ma sound----I couldnt help but chuckle and thought "no big deal" as he disappeared over the ridge.

Well I thought that was going to be the end of the "other" hunters arriving a little late----boy, was I wrong! At 6:15pm whichI would definately put in the category of "prime time" another fella comes strolling by my stand. I thought what in the world is this dip doing walking around right now? Well, he continued to walk into the crp field and sat on a fallen tree. The guy sat down and pulled out his cell phonethen had a short converstaion with someone------this is when I could not believe my eyes!

This hunter ended his converstaion and commenced to taking his gear off, I was really getting curious as to what he was up to, he looks around for awhile and starts to un-button his drawers! And to my amazement thisguy hung his butt over the tree and took a sh#* 120 yds from my spot! [:@]

Leasing is ugly to some folks but Ifor onewas reminded of the value and why I got started leasing in the first place. This was the craziest thing I have ever experienced from another hunter-----the worst part is he did'nt even wipe![:-]

The Hunting Connection LLC
www.midwesthuntinglease.com
309-383-3347
Proud Huntingnet.com sponser
Old 10-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why I like leasing

Even though this sounds like a commercial to me, I would have to agree that leases are well worth it for some as opposed to owning land. Personally, I own my land but taxes have gotten to be rediculous. Especially since the land is considered vacation land and is on a limited seasonalhighway.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man... All I gotta say is: " "

I am glad I got in on the deal I got here in Virginia. Whew.... I totally refuse to hunt in the public land WMA's.... Sorry man... Been there, done that. [:'(]

Butch A.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep sounds like a commercial to me.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:09 AM

I did not really mean for it to come across as a commercial. I just could not believe what happened and it reaffirmed why I do what I do. Trust me I used to struggle with the whole leasing thing---especially when an outfitter leased the one farm I had "permission" on. I don't like the thought of outfitters, I do like the thought of guy's pooling their resources and helping the landowners -I think it is a win win for everyone. It's just tough to find leases or "permission land"sometimes when you work full time. I guess that's whyI am in business, I work full time finding leases and if I can help any fellow huntingnet guy's then hey why not.

The Hunting Connection LLC
www.midwesthuntinglease.com
Proud huntingnet.com sponser
Old 10-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt state land 100% of the time but live out in western Nebraska where there are not alot of people. I have never had any bad expiriences where I hunt. I have hunted there for the last 5 years. Sure I run into someone occasionally but never have problems with seeing deer because of others screwing it up.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Who could POSSIBLY have a problem with your post??? You win by having sole access to good hunting land. The land owner wins by receiving compensation for allowing you to use his natural resources.

Where's the rub????

I'd do it in a HEARTBEAT if I could find the right piece of property.

Myself.....I'm lucky enough to have access to 7-8 pieces of property (ranging from 5 to 80 acres) that I don't have to pay to access (and I have sole access to). There's another 200 acre tract that I'd lease in a MINUTE, though.

I'm happy for you.

Jeff