Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bummed Out big time.... >

Bummed Out big time....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bummed Out big time....

Old 10-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bummed Out big time....

First off, I know this should go in a different forum. But this is about the only one that I frequently come to.
Well I woke up this morning to go Duck Hunting and go to the garage to get my gun, and I can't find it anywhere. I started freaking out a little bit because I put it in the same spot every weekend. I put it out in the garage because I don't want to walk up to the gun cabinet and wake my parents up every weekend. I search all over checked out at my hunting buddies place, and it is nowhere to be found. So I borrowed a buddies gun for the morning after a very late start. I get back and me and my dad dig around a little more and come to find that his .22 that is over 70 years old that he got when he was 14 from his uncle that passed away has come up missing also.
What a crappy day, 2 weeks away from shotgun season and that was my only gun. Got it from my dad on my 16th birthday. Both guns with so much sentimental (sp?) value and some low life came and stole them out of the garage. My parents were both gone last week and I live abotu 50 miles away so whoever stole them knew that nobody was around. We don't know the neighbors that live behind us, and my sister said when they were out at the bar the guy was taking everybodies cigarettes. So I don't know what type of people they are, I am not the type to judge someone, but it just makes you wonder.
Sorry for the long and probably rambling post, but it just tears me up that somebody has to steal something from somebody else.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bummed Out big time....

That sucks![:@]Had a similar thing happen to me many years ago with a rifle my granpa gave me.

Lets just hope that the thief gets his due later on in life.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:55 PM

I swear, I get the sickest pit in my stomach.... almost daily now since I have been coming here to the threads, because I read another post about a fellow hunter having his property stolen.

You see, after my divorce 6 years ago, I had a storage building next to the carport at my old house that was broken into. My ex wife was about to move, and I was supposed to empty the building and have it moved to my property. The weekend before it was to be moved, someone broke in to it and stole all of myGolf clubs ( 2 sets ) climbing stands, 20 open face rod and reels ( I used to tournyment fish ) my bow and accessories, gps, boat seats, tree steps....and a whole lot more, but you get the idea. I lost $14000.00 worth of outdoor gear, THAT WAS UNINSURED. The ex wife had already cancelled the homeowners coverage. I have yet to replace all my stuff. So I get almost physically ill every time I hear of someone elses misfortune.

Why others feel the need to steal I will never comprehend.

I am sorry for your loss.

God Bless

Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

That is a really bad deal. The thing that really stinks about this is the insurance..if it even covers it has a 500 dollar deductible we are thinking, so I think either way it is gonna cost us whatever the cost of a new gun is to replace the on that was stolen..
It was a browning bps that the blueing was all screwed up on the barrel because I attempted to redo it myself after there was some rust on the barrel.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry bud on the loss of your guns. I still use the guns that my father bought for me usually on Christmas. They arent the most expensive or the best brand out there but i cherish them solely becuase they were a gift from my father who introduced me to the sport of hunting. You just cant trust anyone these days, if someone wants something bad enough they will find a way to get it. I hope everything works out for you guys.