Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Your First Bow??? >

Your First Bow???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your First Bow???

Old 11-15-2002, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your First Bow???

My first was a Ben Pearson Spotted Hunter recurve I bought in 1964 66 inches long 45#. I never owned a bear whitetail. My first compound was an Allen 40-50 sooooo very slow by todays standards but so fast then.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:27 AM

A Martin Lynx with 35 and 50% letoff roundwheels. Still have it and do some bowfishing with it. Got it back about 82' or 83'. Got back into archery with it a few short years ago.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:49 AM

My frist bow was a Ben Person I think it was called the pony and was 60 lbs back in the 60s. My frist compound was a Jennings four wheeler

Bowdon
Old 11-15-2002, 04:05 PM

glad to hear it tazman. mine was black and I bought it at Coast to Coast hardware

If I ain't huntin',I'm trappin',If I ain't trappin',I'm fishin'
If I ain't fishin',I'm wishin'!
Old 11-15-2002, 04:28 PM

My first bow was a Browning Xcellerator that I bought, while in high school, in 1988 out of the newspaper classifieds. It came with a dozen bright orange XX75's....I still have a few of those hanging on my wall.

Pat in WV
Old 11-15-2002, 04:37 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

My first bow was a yellow fiberglass recurve out of the JC Penny catalog, that I promptly got taken away many times in my youth. Then I started shooting a Bear recurve that belonged to my father, broke a limb on that and bought a Bear Magnum Hunter. Kept that through college and got a Golden Eagle pro Revolution and am now shooting a BowTech BK II. Good post Q2MD, trips down memory lane are great.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first rig was back in about 1978 when I was in Middle School. It was a Browning Explorer II. (a laminated wood riser 4 wheel compound) Boy, did I have fun with that bow!

PRACTICE....PRACTICE....PRACTICE......SUCCESS!
Old 11-15-2002, 10:32 PM

My first & only bow so far is a Pearson Stryker.Bought it used at a local gun shop just because I liked the looks of it.It is a great bow.Ran right over it with a Ford Ranger 4X4 once when my son left the case on the ground behind the truck.Had to put on new sights but everything else was OK.
Old 11-16-2002, 01:33 AM

A really neat laminated longbow which was my grandpas. I shot it when I was about 8 to about 12 (70's early 80's). I pissed off my dad cause he caught me shooting his aluminum arrows with broadheads into the dirt (aluminum arrows were the next big thing after fiberglass I guess). What I wouldn't give to find out what happened to it!

First compound bow was a used pearson Mach I. Ugly but still shoots great. Twaaang! No amount of SVL technology could possibly quiet that bow!

Kirk
Old 11-16-2002, 01:45 AM

mathews z-light. then i got smart and bought a HOYTE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.