Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My next move

Old 10-16-2006, 06:36 PM

Default My next move

ok so heres the deal i wrote a week or two ago about hunting this area. I seen some does and a button buck on sat on my original stand the purple dot. They kinda busted me and i didnt shoot them cause they werent what i was looking for. so i dont want them to patern me so i moved to a new spot as shown. Its by an old overgrown loggin road. in the pick of the lake its to the right on that hill over looking the ridge and theres a somewhat open wooded area behind me. I found this rub nearby. Do you think its a smart move? As u can see in the one pick where the dead trees are where the lake turns into a dried stream there are some beds and alot of deer tracks back there. I really think this is a good spot. On reason why i moved is because where my stand was the tree kinda sucked i had cover but it was too low to the ground because of the angle of the tree i lost hieght to level my stand out. Now im at the highest point in a good tree. I made the move today in the rain so my scent would get washed away. Any comments suggestions would be appreciated. The orang squares are where someone else Made stand suggestions they yellow trail is where those does came up from at 10 am on sat. Im only hunting this area on the weekends so Im not disturbing the area much. Sry for the long post.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My next move

Looks like your prospective "new" stand site is quite a ways back in the woods! Is it? Are you going to hunt it morning and evening?
Old 10-17-2006, 10:31 AM

Default RE: My next move

Area is about 1 square mile that u can go either way without hitting a road or a training area (military post). The surrounding areas especially north of me are heavily hunted it may seem like its way back in the woods but its really not that far. I usually hunt in the morning goin in well before first light. I know for a fact that this area is not nearly as pressured as other areas. Theres traing going on in this area with people moving through the woods. But i believe the deer are tolerable to a point of human contact. After all they live here and see that just because theres human scent in the area doesnt nessicarily mean that its danger. When it comes down to it if i dont see anything at least i have a nice view of the lake lol. That and the area across the lake i cant hunt but i have seen a nice buck over there in the summer. So maybe ill be able to see him again and try to patern him.