Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A word of encouragement >

A word of encouragement

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A word of encouragement

Old 10-14-2006, 04:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default A word of encouragement

I'd like to encourage those who are doing everything right but not seeing deer or getting any shots. There are many variables in place....

Some have their own property or they are friends of those who own property..while others can only hunt on state land with limited scouting opportunities...and a lot of pressure.

Some have more experience and have devoted more time in studying the white-tailed deer.

Some are dealing with physical or emotional problems.

Some have much nicer equipment to use.

Be encouraged that if you are doing your best and you are an ethical hunter..you are still a great hunter in my book. Have a great and safe hunting season.
C7
Old 10-14-2006, 07:55 AM

Default RE: A word of encouragement

Everyone, remember where your blessings come from. Get in touch with the Lord, praise His name, and Give Him the Glory. Be thankful for your opportunities, not just your successes. Be happy with your circumstances, because You have no idea what He may have coming your way. And most important, at least during deer season is to remember to study your scriptures, and learn them and take them to heart.........such as......

" You have not , because you ask not. "

" If you ask for anything, trust in the Lord to give unto you, for He will give you the desires of your heart. "

" for if a man truelybelieves, He can say to that mountain to go and throw it self in to the sea, and it will be done. Any man can command this if only he has the faith of a mustard seed. "

So go to the Lord, and tell Him the desires of your heart, and then all you have to do is your part when the time for the shot comes.

Good Hunting and God Bless

Old 10-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks... I'm one of those guys!
Old 10-14-2006, 08:55 AM

Nicely done, Gentlemen. Nicely done. The more credit I give to God for my deer the more deer I see and shoot. Ain't it ironic?

Old 10-14-2006, 09:08 AM

Sometimes its hard to sit without results. We as hunters just need to remember why we are hunting. Hopefully its not just for the kill thrill. I hope its just as much for the chance to be outside in nature. For me there is nothing more thereputic than sitting in a tree stand, Blind or brush pile freezing my but off thinking about the most trivial things in live like. Why did god make squirls was it to make a lot of noise so I cant hear anything else. LOl or stuff like that though. Its the little things about hunting that make it great as much as it is the thrill of taking down a deer. Good luck to all. I hope you get as much out of seeing a deer just out of shot range as you get out of one walking perfectly in to your shooting lane.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I'd like to encourage those who are doing everything right but not seeing deer or getting any shots. There are many variables in place....

Some have their own property or they are friends of those who own property..while others can only hunt on state land with limited scouting opportunities...and a lot of pressure.

Some have more experience and have devoted more time in studying the white-tailed deer.

Some are dealing with physical or emotional problems.

Some have much nicer equipment to use.

Be encouraged that if you are doing your best and you are an ethical hunter..you are still a great hunter in my book. Have a great and safe hunting season.
C7
VERY NICE POST!!!! THANKS!!! I was actually thinking about all of this while I was on stand this morning with my sonand I came to pretty much the same conclusion. I am doing my best and that is all that counts. We will all learn as we go and post those pics when we get them. Thanks again for the post.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Dominant Buck

You are welcome. I went out last evening after school. I made sure my clothes were clean. I purposely walked and stopped all the way to my stand...in 5-10 second intervals. I took the lock and cable off my stand very quietly and went up the tree as quiet and high as my faith would allow. I did not hang up my bow..I had my arrow nocked. and I waited patiently till dark. While I was waiting I was visited by a young squirrel who would not stop barking and a flock of bluejays squalking at a barred owl a couple of yds from me. I saw no deer. I wasa little disappointedbut told myself not to be but instead .. take pride in that you did your best. I was quiet as a mouse. It actually took quite a while before the squirrel even found me. The owl was 2 trees over. I watched it fly in.

I certainly need God to help me. This WMA is nearly 59,000 acres so finding deer is like finding a needle in a hay stack. However; God knows where every deer is. ...I certainly need His help.
c7