Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need help picking a Bow >

Need help picking a Bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help picking a Bow

Old 10-08-2006, 09:54 PM

Default Need help picking a Bow

I want to start bow hunting and need help picking out a decent bow in the $300- $450 range.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need help picking a Bow

I would try and check out some of Whisper Creeks line of bows. They are pretty quiet, and smooth. One of my friends I hunt with just bought one, and the balance of it in my hands was great.

There are many great bows you can get though in that price range. Just go around and shoot different bows and see what you like and what feels good.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd check out the Reflex Highlander in that price range. Also look around for a Hoyt Viper-Tec, they can be had in that price range every once in a while. I shot one a month or so back and am searching for one for a backup bow to my Hoyt Trykon.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:28 PM

I just saw last night where there are 2 PSE FireStorm Lite's on ebay, and they are priced below 300.00, I think one is 250. and the other is 275, then you have the shipping. BTW - They are new bows.That is the same bow I shoot and it is a heck of a nice bow. I love mine. There are a lot of other bows on there too, but in your price range, you will be somewhat limited on choices, but that bow is a short ATA bow, and it shoots great.

I say that about the price range, because you can buy a bow, but you still have a lot more things to buy, like a sight, release, quiver, stabilizer, peep, loop, wrist strap, Arrows, field points, broadheads, target, and who knows what all else you will find...LOL.

Good luck

Good Hunting

God Bless
Old 10-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy a Mathews Nuff said! You can still buy a used Q2,Q32,FX,LX,Ovation or something along that line for the money. You wont be disapointed!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with TeeJay i own the new switchback and before that i owned a mathews FX about 5 years ago i swore off mathews for whatever reason i dont know but bought my first mathews in 2001 bagged my biggest buck with a bow and now i swear by them will never own any other kind of bow. So if you can find one in that price range it would be a good inve stment you won't regret it.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:10 PM

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy a bow from ebay.....not that you wouldn't get a good bow, not that the seller isn't trustworthy......DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER BUY A BOW YOU HAVEN'T SHOT FIRST!

Head to the pro shop and see what they have. There are many good bows in that price range. I agree though, the Highlander is prolly the best bang for the buck in bows right now.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

You can find a decent Parker set up for that price range. I have never owned one but I had a friend that bought one and it was a good bow for him for a number of years. Good luck and we all welcome you to the sport of bowhunting.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:17 PM

Check out some Dartons. They may be a little pricey for you, but a great bow none the less.
Otherwise, I would vote Reflex!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the reflex highlander. I have heard nothing but good things about them. They are one of the best bows for the money.

Quick Reply: Need help picking a Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.