Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shoot Through Mesh >

Shoot Through Mesh

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shoot Through Mesh

Old 10-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shoot Through Mesh

I have a Ameristep Doghouse and I have tried the shoot through mesh and I was not impressed. I thought that it made alot more noise and it did cause my arrow to hit a little of target. Also I have found that when I draw back my arrow sticks out the window a little bit so I would be getting my arrow caught in the mesh. Also make sure you practice shooting through it first because the Doghouse is a little small for me so make sure you can draw your bow with out hitting the sides.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:21 AM

Default RE: Shoot Through Mesh

Ditto on the DogHouse. I actually like it and think it serves its purpose. Arrowed a doe out of one last year. But it is a little small and the confinement could be altering your form or focus when shooting. It did for me at first at least. A very different experience than a treestand.

I added the Big Game Escape Deluxe blind to the mix this year and like it more for the fact that it has more shoot through windows all the way around and the fabric that covers them when not in use can be silently lowered and raised when needed during the hunt. The thing is very roomy. I have a hard plastic lawn chair inside and it makes for a very comfortable hunt.