Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are you guys honest with the boss???? >

Are you guys honest with the boss????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are you guys honest with the boss????

Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are you guys honest with the boss????

Keep reading about everyone calling off and taking vacation days. My older bosses never really bought in to my call offs when hunting season rolled around. I hated guessing on the rut dates because vacation days had to be put in wks in advance. Whenever I would see deer laying all over the roadways everymorning, I always ended up with a bad case of the $hips the following day. Be honest, how many of you do this.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Are you guys honest with the boss????

I don't do it as I can hunt evenings after work and I take the month of Nov. off.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

welll life is sortaaaaa easy for me right now. i was working 3 days a week till i paid off my books. now im down to 2 days a week. BUT i do goto college full time so lifes kinda a jugling act..factor in atleast 20+hrs hunting a week and im cutting into sleeping time by the time i study and such..but im getting it all done..i have however requested days off and told them it was for school hey..what they dont know dont hurt them..and if i tag my buck before then it WILL be used for school..i got projects..volunteer hours etc i gota get done..got time but if i get my tag on a buck early itll be a sigh of relief though its not effecting my school so far...

hey it actually HELPED. thought of what to do a MAJOR project on sitting on stand..couldnt help but to notice OBVIOUS signs of previous logging. hey! perfect project...and i can do the field work for it after the hunts while im there..and hunting motivates me to get my school work done early and good so i have time to hunt..if i got work to get done i WONT hunt..
Old 10-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Typical Buck

Pretty easy for me, my bboss's are hunters so I just tell them I'm taking off a day or will be in late/off early. Pretty nice!
Brandon
Old 10-12-2006, 09:59 PM

I don't do it. I either put my vacation down, like in March, for that years deer season, or I go to work. If I am home, I am sick. If I call in sick, I am sick, and I mean full blown. I go to work with colds , sinus trouble, and all that stuff all the time. It sucks, but that is just the way I am, I would feel too guilty.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:10 PM

Lucky for me, I have a government job as a contractor for the Air Force......I can use my sick leave for any reason at all, as long as I give 30 minutes notice before my shift starts at 7:15 am.....Of course, by that time, I'll have already been on stand for an hour and a half....
Old 10-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

My boss is a hunter and he knows what it's like this time of year. He is more of a rifle hunter so he takes those weeks off himself.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm so stressed and over worked you would have no idea. I do set my own schedule in away based on what is need to close biz. I did tell the main culprits of my busy schedule, I'm not traveling next week, I'm hunting. This is only the beginning. The rut will follow soon. I figured I was looking for a job when I found this one and I will be looking for a job when I find the next one.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Fork Horn

My bosses know that I am a hunter, but they know that I take my job seriously as well. I dont call in, but I do schedule some vacation time the end of Oct. They know why, and they give me some leway with my schedule in November also, but I dont take advantage of it (not much anyway). I gave up a free turkey hunting trip to Kansas a couple years ago because of inventory and they respected and remember that. I am an assistant manager at Wal-Mart.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Fork Horn

we are allowed up to 3 days in a row and only get marked as 1 absence. so i always schedual vacation for the last week of the season (2nd week of november) and i let them know ahead of time that i am taking a 3 day absence allong with my vacation. My groupleader is a big time bowhunter so he understands. any days i call in before that i dont give them a reason (they already know)

Quick Reply: Are you guys honest with the boss????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.