Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

second chance

Old 10-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default second chance

I have recently been given an opprotunity to hunt a local ranch. With the stipulation that I shoot "cull" Bucks only.

Yesterday morning I saw 15 deer. One good 8pt. "non-cull" and 14 doe and fawn.

Last night I saw one doe with her fawn and one doe and the larges 4pt I have ever seen. Perfect cull deer. He was with the doe and neither one would come into the clearing I was hunting. Untill it was almost to dark to shoot. Well, I tried it anyway and cleanly missed.

With the strong cold front approaching SE Texas this evening I am planning to hunt all afternoon in hopes they will be on the move before the front hits.

What do the think the odds are that I will see him again today from the same stand?

I do not have manystand locations that will workwith the current south wind. Forcing me to either hunt the same stand or huntwith the wind against me in a different stand.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:57 AM

Default RE: second chance

I would say 34.2%, based on the information provided

Sure, only wasy to know is to get out there and hunt!