Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the longest you left your trail camera out without checking the pictures? >

What is the longest you left your trail camera out without checking the pictures?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I feel for you Orion, but I check mine everyday (want to see them?)
0%
I check mine every other day.
4.35%
I check mine once a week - and even that long kills me.
65.22%
I check mine once a month - and am starting a support group
26.09%
Just spend the $1,000 per camera and get one to e-mail you the pics
4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

What is the longest you left your trail camera out without checking the pictures?

Old 10-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default What is the longest you left your trail camera out without checking the pictures?

This is really killing me.

I set up my trail camera (for the very first time) last Friday on our property (250 miles away from home). I was fortunate enough to retrieve pictures of 3 does on Saturday morning. We left to come home on Saturday night and it has been out there ever since.

I won't be able to check it again until 10/26.

Did a buck walk by yet?
How big and when?
Is the battery still working?
Did some knucklehead steal it?

How am I really expected to come to work everyday at this time of year?

How long is the longest your camera has been out without you being able to check the pictures?

Old 10-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the longest you left your trail camera out without checking the pictures?

I left mine out for 3 months or so once last winter without checking. Batteries were sill good but I had 400+ pics on it and the memory card was full. It still counts activities even though the memory is full and IIRC it was at like 700+ activities.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What is the longest you left your trail camera out without checking the pictures?

I check mine as often as I can, but since they are over an hour away, September 15 is the last time I checked them.
Brian
Old 10-12-2006, 08:15 AM

I check mine about every three days, if I don't the batteries will be dead. I usually have between 100-150 pics in those three days. There have been times where I had 400+. But I only live about 10 min. from my hunting area, so that makes it easy.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to leave mine out for 2-4 weeks. But in some places where there aren't many deer, I left them out up to 2 months at a time. By then I usually need to change batteries.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where is my option:
I have 2 trail cameras in the back of my truck since mid summer and haven't even placed them yet.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

Where is my option:
I have 2 trail cameras in the back of my truck since mid summer and haven't even placed them yet.
Lazy
Haha jk

I check mine every week. I used to wait every two weeks, but then one of my trail cams got nabbed, so not I am a once a weeker.