Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any thoughts???? new stand loc >

Any thoughts???? new stand loc

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any thoughts???? new stand loc

Old 10-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Any thoughts???? new stand loc

I just started hunting a new spot...... found it last year when I was walking a logging trail and spotted a nice buck. The first time I sat on the place I saw a nice buck this yr. That was last week. My spot on the spot is about 75yds away from where I saw the buck last week..... I wasn't busted per say but he heard me and just didn't feel right after. He started to stomp his feet, never making a noise and walked back down the trail from where he came. I'm going out tommorrow and want to know if I should sit in my new stand location or maybe leave it another week?
Honestly I don't know if I can? My biggest buck w/any weapon on this piece of public land has been a small basket 4x4 taken w/rifle. In the last 2weeks my BIL has seen a nice 10pt (while hunting grouse) and I have seen one while set-up which was a nice 8pt. Once again this is public land during upland game bird season. Any thoughts???????[/align]
Old 10-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Any thoughts???? new stand loc

I say hunt it! It's public land...he's used to dealing with humans to an extent...just keep using your scent-free technology and be as invisible as you can!!