Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I really believe in The Can.... >

I really believe in The Can....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I really believe in The Can....

Old 10-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I really believe in The Can....

Last year I had a buck come in, stay awile, and then walk away. When he was 75 yards away I hit the can 2 times. He turned on a dime and came back in front of my tree 15 yards away with his nose to the ground.

Also last year I had a doe and a fawn in front of me. After they left, I hit the can and the doe came back to within 15 yards of my tree.

Saturday I saw a doe about 60 yards away traveling away from me. I tipped the can over 2 times and within 1 minute I had an arrow through her.

Only once have I bleated at a deer withthe can and it did not come to me. I've found it works on both bucks and does. I've had early season success as well as rut success with it. I like the can better than a grunt call. I'd rather sound like a doe than a buck any day.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I really believe in The Can....

I don't believe in the "can", I believe in the call/sound. It's a contact call that says "hey, I'm over here, come to me"...and works. I can mimic it on my Deer Flute, my Woods Wise, True Talker and more. Very effective call, that's why it works.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 PM

Sure glad for you're success, I have had no luck with the can, but will keep trying.
Bob
Old 10-08-2006, 09:39 PM

True that!..LOVE my true talker!...I havent had luck with the "can". So its outa' my nap sack.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

Thats how I got my 8 pointer last year. Saw him about 40 yrds away. I was using the doe bleat. He came in to 18 yrds for a double lung'r. The funny thing is I waited for a while then got down. Was going home to get my son to help track. When I stepped out of timber I could see a buck along the timber edge, I was saying what the...
To make a long story shorter. That was a different deer. Mine was piled up on the egdge of trail. Didn't get out of the timber.

Anyway, I have used doebleats, esterus bleats,and the big can. Have called them in from all three.

goodluck!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I first started using the can I had very good results. Me and my dad killed 2 130 inch deer on back to back nights out of the same stand. They both answered to the can. 1 week later, another 120 class buck answered to the can out of the same stand.

Since that year I have not had near the same results.Everyone hasa "can" now and I believe that the deer in my areaare more hesitant to answer to the call.I now mainly use my true talker for grunts and bleats, and a rattle bag, and every now and then a snort wheeze.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had numerous deer respond to my grunt calls and my bleat calls. In 2 years of use, I've never had a single deer respond to the can. It's in the trash.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:07 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveH

I have had numerous deer respond to my grunt calls and my bleat calls. In 2 years of use, I've never had a single deer respond to the can. It's in the trash.
Same here .
Old 10-09-2006, 06:37 AM

I got a late start on Saturday morning and jumped some deer (I saw at least 2 of them) on the way to my stand. I was in my stand for about 15 minutes and hit the can, within 5 minutes I had 2 does and 2 yearlings come in on me (I assume it was the same deer I jumped) they milled around for about 10 minutes (they new something wasnt right but never spooked). They never got closer than 30 yds but I never had a clear shot. I think they responded to the can but then got nervous when they couldnt find anything. I have called several in with the can in the last few years. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had three does come right to the can this weekend, first time I got a response in years though.. She came right to me and I introduced her to my Axis/Striker combo.. I will keep it and use it from time to time, I don't think it can hurt although I dont think it works like something magic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.