Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which one would you buy >

Which one would you buy

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which one would you buy

Old 10-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which one would you buy

I've been using the 100 gr Thunderheads for years and I've taken probably 8 or more deer with them. They fly really well, just like my field tips!! I couldn't be happier!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

i love the G5 montecs awsome fixedblade flys with my fieldpoints great
Old 10-08-2006, 08:31 PM

I've used Thunderheads for years and would never switch. We've tested these broadheads against many others, shooting them through big steel barrels and nothing stood up like the Thunderhead. Last year, I was given some Muzzy broadheads to try, they were 3 blade 100 gr., and I was also given some 4 blade 125Gr. ones. I shot two deer with the 100Gr. 3 blade Muzzy, and BOTH times, there was AT LEAST one blade that was beyond fixing. Thunderheads, 95% of the time, I can shoot a deer, and then I use this ceramic sharpening stone I bought from Cabelas and it brings the Thunderhead sharpness right back to like new, or even better. I've shot 8 deer with the exact same broadhead, just by resharpening it with this stone, and still the same 3 blades, and trust me, these blades STILL are sharp enough to shave hair off of my arm. I'd say that was money well spent and the sharpening stone is only around $20.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:34 PM

I have been shooting the Magnus Buzzcuts, only at a target, but they fly like lazer beams and are cutting a nasty, nasty hole in my target.
Cant go wrong with them, IMHO
Old 10-08-2006, 09:04 PM

I use the Crimson Talon 100gr, the leav a great blood trail.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Tricks. The new blades on these things are awesome.

www.slicktrick.net

$22.00 for a package of 3. I'm not sure how many he has in stock now but I do know he recently got some in because I finally picked mine up on Friday. You will find no better warranty in the business. If you don't like them, he doesn't want you to have them.