Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hunting with the women >

hunting with the women

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting with the women

Old 09-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default hunting with the women

I took my ex g/f out hunting last year for the first time. I realize that she never hunted before and I shouldn't have expected much, but I got irritated really quick with her talkiing and wanting to snap twigs and not being able to look without moving her whole body. I realized then that I was about as interested in her coming with me as she was about hunting.Any of you guys or gals think it's hard to hunt with the spouse?? Any wish your spouses did hunt?
Old 09-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hunting with the women

My wife wanted to try hunting a few years back.so I decided to let her give it a try. I was amazed at how patient she was, well long story short, I spent countless attempts at putting deer within shooting range for her and low and behold when the moment finally came she never fired a shot. Not because of buck fever either. She claimed she wanted to see what could be more exciting being in the woods, than sitting at home with her. My answer..................................(PRICELESS ).
Old 09-28-2006, 09:15 PM

When my wife and I were dating, I took her one time. There were squirrels in trees SCREAMING at me to make her be quiet....[&:]

I gotta be honest though....I would give my bow arm if she would hunt with me now.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:23 PM

I have been trying to get my wife to hunt with me for a while now but she refuses. Thankfully she already know she would not be able to sit still and not talk for that long. I'm glad she's able to be honest I'm thinking that she has saved me a bit of frustration.

Tim
Old 09-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

i guess im one of the lucky ones. mysweet hearthas taken to hunting like fish to water. i get more excited about her going and watching her than i dobeing ablehunt myself(crazy as it might seem).this will be her first year bow hunting and she is STOKED to say the least. sunday cant get here soon enough!!! only 50 oght hours tillwe arein the timber.
good luck guys. oh yeahsomething i have found out(from past attemps with ex's)is ease them into it. that works so much better. oh and buying themanything they think they have to havehas helped some too. but it kills the wallet.
good luck
Jeff
Old 09-28-2006, 09:37 PM

As I previously said in another post, my wife does hunt with me. I love the fact that she does. I'm not saying that she doesn't do thigs that bug the crap out of me every once in a while, but I would rather her bug me a little bit than not go at all.I just got smart and built her her own tower stand. She goes to hers and I go to my stand. We keep in touch via Motorola walkie talkies. Oh and by the way, yes, she does kill deer. Last year she drew first blood on opening day of gun season. And she is a damn good shot too.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

When we all started,we weren't the stealthiest things in the woods either.My old man must've been a saint to have thepatience he had with me.Just be patient with her,teach her what and what not to do and she'll learn--we all had to at one time or another
Old 09-28-2006, 10:57 PM

My wife wants to go just to see what it is like. So guess what? I have a cameraman(or camerwoman). Well see how this goes.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've only met a couple of ladies that I enjoyed being out there with. It's probably because they think I'm too serious and I feel like they aren't serious enough... I'm learning slowly but surely.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Fork Horn

my wife gets me mad sometime because even though she like hunting she doesnt love it. she doesnt enjoy practice (she shoots good, so thats her reason) and she only likes mild weather. she aslo cant sit more then 2 days without getting a deer close or else "this hunting area stinks" . but when she gets a deer its worth all the frustration. i guess she got really spoiled her first year out. every time out saw a nice buck 1st day hit a 17" spread 6 pt in the shoulder (broadhead deep only, have him on video 3 weeks later limping but fine) then she missed a nice 8pt. then rifle she forgot it was a gun i guess and stood up and shot at a wide 8pt and almost fell out of the tree, missed. next time out shot the 8 she missed in bow and had to choose between him or the smaller 8. but it was so awsome dragging her first deer out of the lake (upside down in 4ft of water) and i got to shoot the wide 8 three days later.

Quick Reply: hunting with the women

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.